• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$75,000 for a decently apportioned pickup?

So you always have a payment??

Yup. With few exceptions in my life. Never bothered me.

Also rented a 12' x 46' trailer when I was a 2-striper. Bought a used 14' x 70'. Been all over the economic spectrum in my life. Lived in 9 states and 3 countries. Just try to judge people by their character, not by how they spend their money.

I've kept my 1997 7.3 dually longer than any other vehicle. With 186000 on it I'm probably keeping it a lot longer. I have noticed a lot of "Would you consider selling" questions coming at me the last couple of years. Folks just walk up and enquire while I'm in it.
I have had the same experience with my 2001 7.3 F-350 I always tell them if i sell it I will have the same problem you do..

You know the new car market is messed up when my 7 year old Ram 1500 is still worth almost 90% what I paid for it. Used to be that a Dodge product dropped value by 30% the moment you drove it off the lot. The appeal of Dodge trucks has always that they were 7/8’s the price of a new Chevy or Ford but the risk was the lower resale...until now.

Mine is a well kept and very clean crew cab, 5.7 Hemi, six speed, express package (basic) 4x4, limited slip diff, 3.73 rear end, tow package. Paid $28k in 2014, JD Power NADA and KBB books it at around $25k with 83,000 miles. No leather, Bluetooth, no tech...just a basic work truck.

That just tells you new cars are overpriced and this market is crazy. And no, it’s not for sale.

87BB3AA3-F77E-4AD1-8EAD-8F53D96BF209.png
4F5C0D27-BA28-4FEA-8803-BFEE1E52AF46.png

I say do what suits you. I've owned more new thru the years than you can shake a stick at. Quit doing it after I bought my 2000 Superduty and started putting it in areas where I had a better ROI. Got a 2010 Lariet, and a '86 Bronco and a '97 F250 XL... They all have the creature comforts needed and all were paid in full when bought. Seems the older I got the less the "New Car Smell" affected me. I enjoy driving the older stuff.
But, you only gotta please yourself and to hell with what anyone else thinks or says...

Yup. With few exceptions in my life. Never bothered me.

Also rented a 12' x 46' trailer when I was a 2-striper. Bought a used 14' x 70'. Been all over the economic spectrum in my life. Lived in 9 states and 3 countries. Just try to judge people by their character, not by how they spend their money.
That’s right. You’re grown. Spend how you wish!

Back
Top Bottom