• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

7th annual trout stream meet and greet May 21-23

I didnt end up being able to make it up there today, but was considering heading up first thing in the morning. However, I may not go at all if the fishing is that bad. Fishing wasnt very good the last 2 times I went and the last time every single campsite was full. It seems they are only stocking once a week and usually in the middle of the week.

I was so disgusted with the amount of people and the lack of fish the last time I went, it almost made me want to give up trout fishing. I was really looking forward to getting back up there, but if its as bad as it was the last time, I'll just be burning gas for nothing.

I didnt end up being able to make it up there today, but was considering heading up first thing in the morning. However, I may not go at all if the fishing is that bad. Fishing wasnt very good the last 2 times I went and the last time every single campsite was full. It seems they are only stocking once a week and usually in the middle of the week.

I was so disgusted with the amount of people and the lack of fish the last time I went, it almost made me want to give up trout fishing. I was really looking forward to getting back up there, but if its as bad as it was the last time, I'll just be burning gas for nothing.
They should start stocking twice a soon.

yeah i would wait for a tue/wed to head up there and hope they stock/stocked lol. theres just sooooooo many people going up there right now 1 stock a week aint doing it on Rock.

they did stock in deep hole and the taccoa at the big pipe on 60 next to the 1st coopers entrance today.

They should start stocking twice a soon.

They used to do that for the first half of the season, if they havent started doing it by now, I'm not holding my breath expecting then to do it at any point this season, especially since they arent doing the events at the hatchery again this year.

yeah i would wait for a tue/wed to head up there and hope they stock/stocked lol. theres just sooooooo many people going up there right now 1 stock a week aint doing it on Rock.

they did stock in deep hole and the taccoa at the big pipe on 60 next to the 1st coopers entrance today.

I did end up going this morning. Stopped at that spot on the toccoa on the way up and caught a good many. Went by rock creek for a couple hours and it was pretty empty. I still managed to catch 5 there, but it took some effort. Absolutely terrible compared to what I'm used to at rock creek. Stopped at that spot on the toccoa again on the way out and caught a few more. Ended the day having caught 22 trout, so it wasnt a bad day overall. Kept a few to throw on the grill tomorrow night.

20210508_093738.jpg
20210508_142054.jpg
20210508_142104.jpg

Is that near Curtis switch?
We are going to try our best to make it this year.

Back
Top Bottom