• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

8 And 9 Year Olds Shoot And Kill A 62 Year Old Man On Tractor

"Investigators are not releasing how the boys got the rifle or why they shot at Smith"

I would like to know. Somebody didn't teach them about guns, safety and life. Sad story and now all lives involved have changed forever.
Exactly, I read this and was wondering what was going through their minds and what they thought was going to happen when they pressed the trigger.
Surely they had shot the rifle before and knew it could/would kill.

I would hate to think that they just wanted to kill that man, but he is dead, no matter their intentions.

I think the kids were just being stupid kids, and really almost all boys that age are stupid, reckless, impulsive...
If they had any thoughts at all, rather than simply feelings and animal urges,
their thoughts were probably along the lines of:

"Hey, there's this dude over there really far away. We probably won't hit him but let's take a shot and see if we get close. It'll be fun. Especially if'n we make the dust jump a few feet away from him and he panics."

Surely they had shot the rifle before and knew it could/would kill.

I would hate to think that they just wanted to kill that man, but he is dead, no matter their intentions.

But shooting him once means he loses "one life" -- and doesn't everybody have at least three or four lives? All the video games for the kids to shoot at people or human like figures allows players to reanimate at least the first three or four times they get killed.

I think the kids were just being stupid kids, and really almost all boys that age are stupid, reckless, impulsive...

"Hey, there's this dude over there really far away. We probably won't hit him but let's take a shot and see if we get close. It'll be fun. Especially if'n we make the dust jump a few feet away from him and he panics."
Maybe you are right but, in the end he is still dead. So sad for all, especially the man's family.

Regardless of the intentions or feelings or whatever those boys had, they should be tagged with this and face the law as it stands. Furthermore, their parents as their guardians should be hit with a massive contributing-to-wrongful-death suit and be forced to ensure those children never forget what they did. Sorry, but games, stupid, reckless, urges and thoughts took a life.

Back
Top Bottom