• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

84 Corvette barn find

what what..you have a cougar...maybe you need to get that out more and ..come to a show or two..just sayin LOL!

Hahahaha! I have to replace the evap coil now grrrrr. Ones coming. going to replace the heater core as long as I have the dash tore apart... yet again....

IMG_20160318_112511 - Copy.jpg

Good thing about that year, no more emissions. You could go carb or aftermarket fuel injection but those generally are $1500-2500 last time I checked.
When it's running I'm going to remove a few things and clean it out with some 100LL from the airport. Throw in some seafoam and b12 too. I'll find the next weak point fairly quick.

84 vette. a trailer hitch
What? A 'vette and a trailer hitch for a boat. DAMN... Some one had a double dose of little goober syndrome.

Do they have a drain in the Corvette fuel tanks?
Yes. The fuel tank drain lever is under your right foot

Nice find for realz though.

Fuel pump in order and on the way. 100LL down both TBIs it does start and run till out of fuel.

Instrument lights intermittent, both turn signals lights on and no instrument lights= bad ground or turn signal cam. Could be my fault.... Corner lights and turn signal lights not working correctly in rear. Left turn signal slow. Rear corner lamps on with reverse lights, front inop. Anything that has to do with lights could be my fault, or not but proly is. Radio inop, seems like a blown amp. She's cleaning up, Pics:

Attachments

• 20160329_173927.jpg
    20160329_173927.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 123
  • 20160329_173958.jpg
    20160329_173958.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 20160329_174618.jpg
    20160329_174618.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 121
Fuel pump in order and on the way. 100LL down both TBIs it does start and run till out of fuel.

Instrument lights intermittent, both turn signals lights on and no instrument lights= bad ground or turn signal cam. Could be my fault.... Corner lights and turn signal lights not working correctly in rear. Left turn signal slow. Rear corner lamps on with reverse lights, front inop. Anything that has to do with lights could be my fault, or not but proly is. Radio inop, seems like a blown amp. She's cleaning up, Pics:

That's progress. Good news on the engine runs, its a start (pun intended).
On the dash lights could be a ground, or the switch especially the dimmer portion. With all the light problems my first guess is corrosion on the fixtures and or connections including grounds.

Back
Top Bottom