• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$85 16.5" Carbon Fiber Mlok Handguard

deathbeforehonor

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
45   0
Reaction score
It would make for a pretty nice build.. Especially if you want to get on-board wiith the "What Would Stoner Do 2020" light weight rifle concept.. Brownell's will be showing off the KE ARMS Lower at SHOT...
GEN_5_3_GUN_CARBON_FIBER_HEX_17_SIDE_2_MAIN__21484.1574457598.jpg

https://cobratac.com/16-5-3-gun-carbon-fiber-hex-ar-15-handguard-m-lok/
Use code: F56YKVCJ58CQ for free shipping

by the time I seen it, talking minutes from email.. and checking to see if the code for free shipping the shorter ones sold out. I'm thinking maybe one of these to compliment it..
stk-712-001.jpg

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/brigand-arms-carbon-black-buttstock/FC-761768415863.html

I got a 16" Barrel and FM45 Stripped Lower with one of these for a space age 10mm pcc build.. gonna do a stern defense bcg and FosTech it.. Thinking a tubbs flatwire .308 spring, stern 11oz buffer Should be aight.

Top rail comes off, I cut it perfect size for a 16" just before barrel threads.. Stock is on its way. I was hoping to find it cheaper but it turns out Cheaper than dirt is the cheapest.. $154.97 shipped.. Other misc titanium and aluminum parts. Need to order a Hogue 15 degree grip.. Brigand arms carbon grip weighs more and costs 5 times as much.. if Optics planet wasn't so ****ty I'd have a 10mm carbine built.. ordered, delayed, back-ordered, sat for a week with the label.. 28 days later I'll have a $91.79 Angstadt Arms .40 BCG.. that's a deal.

Top rail loses 3.25oz..
5lb 2.8oz with a Stern 11oz pcc buffer (actually 10.8oz) & a blitzkrieg 2.5oz PCC Buffer Puck. Since its a rifle length tube and can accommodate 5.9".. I'm gonna order another 2.5oz weight and try variations to get it to run some real 10mm. Angstadt Arms said it was against ITAR to tell me the weight of the bolt and bolt weight! A 35oz bolt/buffer mass would allow me to run 38k psi 10mm loads. I might make a custom bolt weight out of tungsten. This project had no intentions of being cheap, other than hopefully being cheaper than a CMMG Banshee but setup with a rifle stock and 16" barrel. I might ditch the $9 shark brake and go with SLR Rifle works Mini Brake.. The Final build will be right at 7lbs. 34-36" depending on brake. 10" longer & 23oz Heavier than a Banshee 10mm. $898 so far with just the grip and trigger left.. So with a FosTecH it'll still be cheaper.. I don't have any binary experience, so a RightToBear Nickel Single Stage will go in first to check for safety/functionality and then perhaps an Echo II.

10mmPCC01.jpg

If you have never ordered anything from optics planet I wouldn't recommend them. I'm at 30 days+ now. CTD had my order to me in 4 days for $6.95.

And I'm sorry for turning this into a build post.. I thought as it pertained to carbon fiber stuff it might give some people some info and ideas.. A reminder this is a 10mm Blowback Carbine, any other build utilizing other calibers would be MUCH lighter. I just Love all of the options out there to try new things and really get creative. Happy & Safe Building/Assembling to y'all!

Back
Top Bottom