• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$850 Arsenal AK47

Necrosis

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
239   0
Reaction score
For those who were hating on the PSAK 47, here is your budget Arsenal. I thought real hard about buying one of these but decided that the CHF barrel advantage on the Arsenal didn't warrant the extra $250. I was not super excited about the paint finish that comes on Arsenals following the results of the AKOU testing, but I'll leave it at that. The SLR folder (basically the same as this rifle) passed the 5k round test at AKOU, so that's something. Arsenal definitely has made a name for themselves, but there's room for improvement.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/SLR107-11.html

http://www.k-var.com/shop/SLR107-11P.html

The PSA AK47 is no where near the quality of this rifle, you will regret not buying this over their AK.

PSA makes great AR's (at least their premium lines) but I would wait a while until they have the kinks worked out on their AK's.

The PSA AK47 is no where near the quality of this rifle, you will regret not buying this over their AK.

PSA makes great AR's (at least their premium lines) but I would wait a while until they have the kinks worked out on their AK's.
I would be inclined to agree except for the condition of the SLR107FR that Rob Ski tested on AKOU. The paint bubbled off within 1k rounds, rust followed, the rear sight block was riveted crooked (but it did zero), the trigger had issues including not resetting and then firing without being pulled (documented on camera). For a long time Arsenal was the only good choice for an AK, I don't think that's the case anymore. Now if they nitrided the barrel assembly and blued the receiver like PSA, I'd be all over it. YMMV.

I believe the minor kinks of the PSAK 47 are worked out already (this is the gen 2 model), but I could always be wrong.

I would be inclined to agree except for the condition of the SLR107FR that Rob Ski tested on AKOU. The paint bubbled off within 1k rounds, rust followed, the rear sight block was riveted crooked (but it did zero), the trigger had issues including not resetting and then firing without being pulled (documented on camera). For a long time Arsenal was the only good choice for an AK, I don't think that's the case anymore. Now if they nitrided the barrel assembly and blued the receiver like PSA, I'd be all over it. YMMV.

I believe the minor kinks of the PSAK 47 are worked out already (this is the gen 2 model), but I could always be wrong.
Nice insight on the Arsenal

HUH??? Ever heard of rifle dynamics, Krebs, dead goose, etc??????? May want to edit

HUH??? Ever heard of rifle dynamics, Krebs, dead goose, etc??????? May want to edit
RD yes when I have 3k to spend on an AK I'd love to have one of his. Krebs, sure forgot about them. Dead goose, nope never heard of them.

I don't claim to be an expert and my advice is worth exactly what you paid for it. Just posting some deals.

RD yes when I have 3k to spend on an AK I'd love to have one of his. Krebs, sure forgot about them. Dead goose, nope never heard of them.

I don't claim to be an expert and my advice is worth exactly what you paid for it. Just posting some deals.

Sure, post good deals, I love this section of odt. It was the editorial I didn't get. Arsenal is not the pinnacle of the ak market

Back
Top Bottom