• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

870 Police Magnum trade-ins

A 14" barreled shotgun appeals to me, as a home defense or "car carry" SHTF gun.
I've handled them and shot them owned by others, and they're easy to maneuver and bring to bear on target.
I once did my own SBS, cutting a 12-gauge down to a 12" barrel. That was the right choice, and made the gun better for close quarters combat.

That being said, I've never done an NFA-invoking modification on any other shotgun, and my current all-purpose pump shotgun has a rifle-sighted 18.5" barrel on it when it's in the home defense configuration.

There's room to trim about 3.5" off before the muzzle would be flush with the magazine tube, but to me it's not worth doing the work (including re-mounting the front sight) and paying the NFA tax just to make my gun's OAL less than 4" shorter.

If we could amend the NFA to get rid of all the stupid registration and taxation on short barreled long guns, and just treat them the same as handguns, I'd love to have a 14" barreled shotgun with a same-length magazine tube.

A 14" barreled shotgun appeals to me, as a home defense or "car carry" SHTF gun.
I've handled them and shot them owned by others, and they're easy to maneuver and bring to bear on target.
I once did my own SBS, cutting a 12-gauge down to a 12" barrel. That was the right choice, and made the gun better for close quarters combat.

That being said, I've never done an NFA-invoking modification on any other shotgun, and my current all-purpose pump shotgun has a rifle-sighted 18.5" barrel on it when it's in the home defense configuration.

There's room to trim about 3.5" off before the muzzle would be flush with the magazine tube, but to me it's not worth doing the work (including re-mounting the front sight) and paying the NFA tax just to make my gun's OAL less than 4" shorter.

If we could amend the NFA to get rid of all the stupid registration and taxation on short barreled long guns, and just treat them the same as handguns, I'd love to have a 14" barreled shotgun with a same-length magazine tube.
I mean, you can do the work without the tax. But that’s frowned upon.

I honestly always wanted an SBS and it’s my first gun so I’ll never sell it. But rifles are shorter, lighter, and higher capacity, so better for human threats in the suburbs. If I get a cabin I will end up with a shotgun as Hd for sure.

I mean, you can do the work without the tax. But that’s frowned upon.

I honestly always wanted an SBS and it’s my first gun so I’ll never sell it. But rifles are shorter, lighter, and higher capacity, so better for human threats in the suburbs. If I get a cabin I will end up with a shotgun as Hd for sure.

Not better, but obviously what you prefer. That is an argument that has been hashed out over and over here on ODT, with no end in sight.

Many would argue that they would rather have a shotgun for suburbs, and a rifle for the country.

At the end of the day, it comes down to running what you prefer, wherever that happens to be.

This is an old trade in police magnum I turned into an SBS

Attachments

• D16BA1BC-1CD2-4D96-896E-150EF7F9E236.jpeg
    D16BA1BC-1CD2-4D96-896E-150EF7F9E236.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 26
Like others said, the desire for a 12GA pump, "been there done that" look and cool factor of these made me leave the house and go to Clyde's 3 times specifically to buy one. Well I never did buy one...until I bought this stock first. (Original Remington LEO Only, not the plastic ATI)

My regret is the earlier Clyde's offerings were $100 cheaper and had wood furniture. I hate I missed those.

I have to keep in mind the function and reason for this stock because the cheek weld is horrible. But it's main purpose isn't to be comfortable lol.

I did add the mag extension.

I wish I had bought one of these earlier!

20211214_162723.jpg
20211214_162743.jpg

Back
Top Bottom