• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9/11/18 hunt

I think I missed....a little hair on the broadhead but no blood. Can't find a blood trail either. Should've waited for more light
205e37c9265d333ad6db3f548555d288--mexican-quotes-mexican-memes.jpg

I think I missed....a little hair on the broadhead but no blood. Can't find a blood trail either. Should've waited for more light

Smell the bolt. Sometimes they go through so fast that they dont leave blood. I had it happen to me and I found the deer 60 yards away dead. Not a drop on the bolt.

Smell the bolt. Sometimes they go through so fast that they dont leave blood. I had it happen to me and I found the deer 60 yards away dead. Not a drop on the bolt.
I thought that too...I searched for blood in the direction he ran for prob 50 yards and didn't find a drop. I suck. Haha

But the bolt smells like an animal. Animal stink.

I thought that too...I searched for blood in the direction he ran for prob 50 yards and didn't find a drop. I suck. Haha
I have tracked deer quite a few times for friends, I have learned over the years, they don't always run in a strait line. Normally they seek water, I use a half moon search sometimes if I can't find clear sign. Often I can't pick any up for 50-75 yards. Out of all I have only not found 2 which pissed me off, after 4 hrs of searching. I will go back one more time, if the weather is cold enough..

Back
Top Bottom