• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9-14-19 Deer hunt

They are moving down here in Effingham right now. Just took a shot at a doe. About to crawl down and see if it was a hit.

Well, this isn’t going well. I seem to be missing quite a few things. On my list of things missing are my arrow, blood, hair, deer. Just finished a loop back to the stand and about to start over. Fingers crossed for a better outcome this time.

Well, this isn’t going well. I seem to be missing quite a few things. On my list of things missing are my arrow, blood, hair, deer. Just finished a loop back to the stand and about to start over. Fingers crossed for a better outcome this time.
Good luck. I’ve had them not start bleeding till they got 10-15 yards from where they were hit. Keep at it.

Went out this morning for a couple hours and saw nothing. My friemd that was hunting with me saw a couple small does around 7:30, but too far away.

if you hit bone on the exit the arrow might not of exited, so the only wound will be higher on the body so no blood trail for a while , its worth looking some more, no one wants to fine a deer they shot a few days later

if you hit bone on the exit the arrow might not of exited, so the only wound will be higher on the body so no blood trail for a while , its worth looking some more, no one wants to fine a deer they shot a few days later

Yeah, I’m hard headed and gonna keep looking for a while. Hate the thought of it possibly suffering and not getting the meat. Wondering if it didn’t go in shoulder and possibly got stuck and that’s why I’m not seeing anything. Either that or I shot under her. Did find a spot in the dirt that could be where the arrow skipped off the ground or she drug part of her hoof when she bolted to run. Oh well, the hunt continues!

If they only made little affordable GPS trackers you could stick in the arrow, this would be so much easier. LOL!!

Yeah, I’m hard headed and gonna keep looking for a while. Hate the thought of it possibly suffering and not getting the meat. Wondering if it didn’t go in shoulder and possibly got stuck and that’s why I’m not seeing anything. Either that or I shot under her. Did find a spot in the dirt that could be where the arrow skipped off the ground or she drug part of her hoof when she bolted to run. Oh well, the hunt continues!

If they only made little affordable GPS trackers you could stick in the arrow, this would be so much easier. LOL!!
Good luck sir

Been looking for just over 2.5hrs and throwing in the towel. Pretty sure I missed her. Looking back at where she was standing and the disturbances in the dirt around that area, I feel pretty confident I see where the arrow skipped off the ground not far behind where she was standing (I shot low). Found where she ran through the woods for a while, when she was running hard, and assumed the direction she went when the panic went away and circled there for a while and still no blood. Pretty confident it was a bad shot and the arrow is off in the woods somewhere past where she was standing (couldn’t find it either). Gonna have to give that area a rest for a while because there aren’t many places I haven’t walked at this point. Hope the rest of you have better luck!

Been looking for just over 2.5hrs and throwing in the towel. Pretty sure I missed her. Looking back at where she was standing and the disturbances in the dirt around that area, I feel pretty confident I see where the arrow skipped off the ground not far behind where she was standing (I shot low). Found where she ran through the woods for a while, when she was running hard, and assumed the direction she went when the panic went away and circled there for a while and still no blood. Pretty confident it was a bad shot and the arrow is off in the woods somewhere past where she was standing (couldn’t find it either). Gonna have to give that area a rest for a while because there aren’t many places I haven’t walked at this point. Hope the rest of you have better luck!
Good job making sure.

Back
Top Bottom