• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9-14-19 Deer hunt

Good luck fellas! 14 hours and some change until I get off of work. I hope to be in the woods tomorrow, if not I’ll be there all day Monday.
I hung another lock that’s overlooking a creek crossing that connects two thick clearcuts. The canopy is real low and it’s awfully thick. The stand isn’t very high, but it’s concealed pretty well.
Once they get to the creek it's wide open. I found a beech tree that offers a better position and view, but I need to purchase another climbing stick.
They cross just past the spot where the creek bed is really rocky. I can walk up/down the creek without leaving any scent and will almost be out of sight since the bank is about 6-7’ High.
15F6D307-A219-4D67-BA7F-10A193C4E816.jpeg

EDC99BD8-4606-4088-8871-08B98884D0EB.jpeg

Can't believe no one has dropped one yet. Soooo disappointed in you, ODT.
I am at work, so I am exempt from being a disappointment at least once in my life! Lol!

View attachment 2280933 I’m back in the stand again. Just picked up a pair of these on the way up and they’re pretty comfortable!
I really like the Alpha line of boots. I snagged a pair of the slip-on, Alpha Snake boots after deer season for $69!

Back
Top Bottom