• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9-15 Hunt

Well, I’m gonna pack it up and head back to the house to get some grub and do a few chores. Not sure if I’ll make it back this afternoon or not. Been remodeling the master bath in the house for a few weeks now and would really like to finish that project this weekend, so we will see. Best of luck to all who are still out, post up those pics if you get one.

The bobcats are fair game from Dec 1, 2019 - Feb 29th next year. Centerfire or rimfire rifles legal. If you shoot one with a deer rifle, aim for the thinner part of the neck. If you plan to mount one, carry a 22 Mag or 17 HMR with you.
Yeah it used to be rimfire only and last year I missed a bobcat with my deer rifle and I was telling a game warden and he said is that legal, I thought you could only use rimfire. Lol I told him in the rules and regs it says you can use centerfire.

381CA3D9-3179-450A-B54B-1FFED8E47906.jpeg
She did it last night and it kept me out of the woods today. We had a 4 hour deer blood track through the thickest nastiest stuff the good lord has put in north GA. She pulled the shot too far forward and got a neck shot. My guess was a little bit of buck fever. At the end of this blood track it was the worst drag straight up the a mountain through a pine thicket that wasn’t meant for humans to go through.

At times while tracking I had to follow gut instinct and just look for kicked up leaves and broken branches. Towards the end he had decent enough blood but at the beginning there wasn’t any for 40-50 yards. We went and got supper and came back when I saw that just to give the deer time. Shot was 7:50ish. Started tracking at 9:45 and didn’t get to put our hands him till after 2. For those that didn’t see it I’ll post it again with the sorry. I was proud of her! @Anniegetyourguns

View attachment 2281976 She did it last night and it kept me out of the woods today. We had a 4 hour deer blood track through the thickest nastiest stuff the good lord has put in north GA. She pulled the shot too far forward and got a neck shot. My guess was a little bit of buck fever. At the end of this blood track it was the worst drag straight up the a mountain through a pine thicket that wasn’t meant for humans to go through.

At times while tracking I had to follow gut instinct and just look for kicked up leaves and broken branches. Towards the end he had decent enough blood but at the beginning there wasn’t any for 40-50 yards. We went and got supper and came back when I saw that just to give the deer time. Shot was 7:50ish. Started tracking at 9:45 and didn’t get to put our hands him till after 2. For those that didn’t see it I’ll post it again with the sorry. I was proud of her! @Anniegetyourguns

Way to stick with it brother!

View attachment 2281976 She did it last night and it kept me out of the woods today. We had a 4 hour deer blood track through the thickest nastiest stuff the good lord has put in north GA. She pulled the shot too far forward and got a neck shot. My guess was a little bit of buck fever. At the end of this blood track it was the worst drag straight up the a mountain through a pine thicket that wasn’t meant for humans to go through.

Yeah man those neck shots even with a deer rifle don’t bleed good for a while. Way to stick with it and get the deer

Way to stick with it brother!
I appreciate it brother! It’s part of being a ethical hunter, that deer didn’t choose to get shot. I don’t back down or give up till there’s no other option. I respect the animals I hunt and owe them that much. It’s tough to keep going but in my mind I don’t have a choice. Next week it’ll be backstrap on the grill!

Way to stick with it and get it done!

Congrats to @Anniegetyourguns and you fo not giving up.

My friend and I went to the woods this morning, but I decided to bass fish while he hunted. Neither of us saw a deer on our property all morning. We did see some around 11:30 in a few different soybean and peanut fields. All does and fawns though, havent seen any bucks yet.

Back
Top Bottom