• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9/17 Hunt.

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
I had a hunch and decided to hunt my lowest pressure spot at my sisters property at a nice pinch point with a creek crossing.
Two six points came over the creek from the thick stuff and I watched them For a while hoping a bigger one was still holding back.
One of the sixes gave him away when He looked back sending me into hawk mode.
The sixes were loitering right under my stand and I finally saw Movement in the thick stuff and this 8 stepped out real cautiously.
He finally gave me a view of his antlers but was real spooked.
He hid under some laurel and I thought for sure he was gonna turn straight away from me and walk away but he decided to wait five minutes so I darn near had to dangle off my stand to get my scope on him.
Finally after five minutes of fatigue he stepped out and I let one rip.
He stumbled away and was hurt bad.
I didn’t hear him crash and was hoping he just ran out of steam and dropped.
An hour later and 100 yards away I found him from a very heavy dark red blood trail.
Yep he just ran out of steam.
Arrow entered Right side , nailed the heart and exited left arm pit.
While he ran off the other two stuck around and one literally looked at me while I was recocking my crossbow.
I could have shot the 6 but decided I’ll wait for another bigger buck.
Oh by the way I’ve been telling my buddy that I’ve been seeing bucks moving almost every day around 5:30 pm.
i shot this deer at 5:33pm.

Attachments

• 603A8F43-13AF-4F43-9F5D-72DA3169FB66.jpeg
    603A8F43-13AF-4F43-9F5D-72DA3169FB66.jpeg
    363.3 KB · Views: 69
  • A45C4922-6D02-4E40-BA44-436C3D3BFB1F.jpeg
    A45C4922-6D02-4E40-BA44-436C3D3BFB1F.jpeg
    291 KB · Views: 68
I had a hunch and decided to hunt my lowest pressure spot at my sisters property at a nice pinch point with a creek crossing.
Two six points came over the creek from the thick stuff and I watched them For a while hoping a bigger one was still holding back.
One of the sixes gave him away when He looked back sending me into hawk mode.
The sixes were loitering right under my stand and I finally saw Movement in the thick stuff and this 8 stepped out real cautiously.
He finally gave me a view of his antlers but was real spooked.
He hid under some laurel and I thought for sure he was gonna turn straight away from me and walk away but he decided to wait five minutes so I darn near had to dangle off my stand to get my scope on him.
Finally after five minutes of fatigue he stepped out and I let one rip.
He stumbled away and was hurt bad.
I didn’t hear him crash and was hoping he just ran out of steam and dropped.
An hour later and 100 yards away I found him from a very heavy dark red blood trail.
Yep he just ran out of steam.
Arrow entered Right side , nailed the heart and exited left arm pit.
While he ran off the other two stuck around and one literally looked at me while I was recocking my crossbow.
I could have shot the 6 but decided I’ll wait for another bigger buck.
Oh by the way I’ve been telling my buddy that I’ve been seeing bucks moving almost every day around 5:30 pm.
i shot this deer at 5:33pm.
Missed this 9 this morning at 45 yards ( rushed the shot and put the wrong pin on him) .....he came back this afternoon with a big 6 and 2 does .

Got him at 30 yards .
Congrats yall on some great bucks.

Back
Top Bottom