• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9-23 Hunt

78Bronco

Default rank <4500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
116   0
Reaction score
Only gonna be able to stay in the stand till 9ish this morning, so fingers crossed for an early kill. Who else is with me this morning? Good luck to all and be safe out there.

This weekend two years ago I killed my first deer in bow season with the crossbow I’m hunting with today. It was a very similar situation as today. Had to go to the in laws for a birthday party and could only hunt till 9ish. As I was walking to the truck that morning to head home I saw a doe about 20 yards off the edge of the road watching me and I was able to get the bolt back in the crossbow and shoot her before she ran. Amazing way to take my first deer with a bow after nearly 30 years of hunting with a rifle. So, here I am today having to leave the stand by 9ish to go back to sister in laws for her birthday and I’m really hoping this hunt ends with a deer on the ground. Fingers crossed!!

A whole lot of nothing today. My buddy met up around 9 and we checked out a few areas and found a few nice spots. Saw another hunter on the way back with full orange on.

My buddy is going back out later but I'm staying in till tomorrow am.

9C1CCE35-8F64-42CE-8D3D-52282D392799.png

My Son and his friend went to our cabin late Thursday night. His friend got this doe this am. These guys saw 24 deer.. 2 different shooters seen, a bunch of small bucks and does. They said for as hot as it was, and with the full moon, they were surprised to see as many as they did. Saw deer on Friday and Sunday, but both got stitched Sat..

Back
Top Bottom