• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

95 F150 tire issue

Also, when you lift one, if you do not use wedges, you can alter the camber. Camber is pretty much built in on straight axles like you have, but can be adjusted with adjustable ball joint conversion (you do not have king pins, you have small upper and lower ball joints on the axle housing).
Yeah. I meant ball joints. Been working on too many big trucks lately.

This truck should have the 'twin traction beam' setup, so the alignment may not be easy for DIY. Also, the wear items are a little different.

It looks like camber is out, if you raise or lower the rear of a vehicle it changes toe and camber.
Now it depends if you have a straight axle or twin beams in the front. Twin beams I think you can adjust, straight axle it would need shimmed.
As far as toe, this could cause wear like this also. You can check toe with a string and a tape measure.
I would think a good alignment shop would know. I might be they think camber did not change and didn't check.

I had it aligned. The shop said it had a loose adjustable joint. They fixed it during the alignment. Getting new tires and will keep a closer eye on how they wear.

Thanks for all the input. I used many of your suggestions in my conversation with the shop.

Back
Top Bottom