• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

96 Mauser gunsmith

samgreeniam

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
42   0
Reaction score
I have a 96 mauser that I would like to convert to a viable hunting rifle for whitetail deer. I do not want to "bubbaize" it so I'm looking for a decent gunsmith to do most of the work. Any recommendations in the Metro Atlanta area?

I have a 96 mauser that I would like to convert to a viable hunting rifle for whitetail deer. I do not want to "bubbaize" it so I'm looking for a decent gunsmith to do most of the work. Any recommendations in the Metro Atlanta area?

True artisan, or just a tasteful sporterize? I did a tasteful modernization of a Mosin for alleycat alleycat that just about any gunsmith could do, Maybe he will share a pic to give you an idea. My suggestion would be Andy at Ga Firingline, he is a CST grad and does phenomenal work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True artisan, or just a tasteful sporterize? I did a tasteful modernization of a Mosin for alleycat alleycat that just about any gunsmith could do, Maybe he will share a pic to give you an idea. My suggestion would be Andy at Ga Firingline, he is a CST grad and does phenomenal work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only pics i have at the moment, barrel is cut and recrowned at 21.5". Pics don't do justice to how great she looks and feels.
You did an excellent job and she shoots like a dream. Everything stayed tight under the recoil too which is quite a challenge with these things.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom