• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

97 Winchester 12 ga value?

Riots and trenches have 20" barrels. Trenches have a heat shield, and a bayonet lug.

The listing you posted appears to be a trench version, but you have to be careful on those because a lot of them are faked.

I sold a takedown from 1912(?) for around $600. Not a trench or a riot, fixed choke all original, patina was poor but the wood was beautiful! Was offered $450 or less very often. Held out for over two years to find a good buyer.

I sold a takedown from 1912(?) for around $600. Not a trench or a riot, fixed choke all original, patina was poor but the wood was beautiful! Was offered $450 or less very often. Held out for over two years to find a good buyer.

Thanks! Good info. Hope I don't have to wait that long, but I didn't know I even wanted to move it till a couple of days ago lol. Now it's like "I really don't "need" that 97..." but don't know what I "need" at the moment either lol.
That's what I get for browsing in the back of the safe...

Mine is just like this one, but no PD stamps on receiver or stock:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/742950092

For some reason I was thinking it was a field with a longer barrel, and not a riot. It's definitely a 500-600 piece for the right buyer. That one listed on GB will probably be there for a while at that price. The one I have is marked LAPD, but I'm not sure that would add much, if any value to it.

Back
Top Bottom