• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$99 Canik CZ75 clone, $49 HD Shotgun, bait and switch at Budsgunshop

You guys are ridiculous.

A company goes out of their way to LOSE money on these deals... and you can only complain that there weren't enough to go around?

I don't see you "burning down" your local Walmart because they only had 4 flat screens Friday morning.

Bud's Gun Shop has always done right by me and will continue to get my money when they have something I want.

Walmart gave rainchecks. Just saying. :D

You guys are ridiculous.

A company goes out of their way to LOSE money on these deals... and you can only complain that there weren't enough to go around?

I don't see you "burning down" your local Walmart because they only had 4 flat screens Friday morning.

Bud's Gun Shop has always done right by me and will continue to get my money when they have something I want.
Actually i got a flat screen from walmart... i got it cause i waited in line like the rest of the people..... but walmart has never burned me.

So what if they had 10... or 5?!?

They were taking money out of their own pockets and selling at a loss.

If one person got a Canik for $99, then we should thank them for doing something nice.

There's NOT ALWAYS some conspiracy action when things don't go the way you want.

Selling x number of guns at a loss was a marketing expense. Let's say BUDs did not shake down their suppliers for those guns at the selling price. (Yeah, right). So let's say they lost $50 per gun. (Yeah right). Say they had 100 of them (ditto). So for $5,000 (prior to writing it off as a promotional expense on their taxes), how many extra thousands of customers did they get to their site?

There was zero altruism. It was a profitable deception. Hopefully Bud suffers a drop in future purchases due to alienating their customer base. I'm going to guess Buds would like to take a mulligan on Black Friday's Promotions.

My understanding was they only had 10 of each at that price. That's why they are called door busters. Did you expect them to sell 10,000 guns at a loss? How about 5,000? 1,000? What percentage of the 20,000 people who hit their site that morning needed to get one of those guns to make you happy?

The sense of entitlement is unbelievably strong in this thread. I got up at 7:45 to try and grab a good deal in the 8:00 sale too. I didn’t get anything, but I don’t cry about it. Because I’m not the type to feel entitled to something just because I think I am more important than anyone else. Some people need to just grow the **** up.

I tried to log on at 7:50 and the thing just gave me error messages. I tried for 20 minutes and gave up, knowing that thousands of people were trying to get the 10 or 12 pistols they had available for $99. I am not mad or hurt or even a little upset over it. Wasn't the first time I tried to save a buck without success, and probably won't be the last.

So what if they had 10... or 5?!?

They were taking money out of their own pockets and selling at a loss.

If one person got a Canik for $99, then we should thank them for doing something nice.

There's NOT ALWAYS some conspiracy action when things don't go the way you want.
im not upset i didnt get one (I figured i wouldnt be able to)

I just dont think they thought this through or handled it very well. And as a result im extremely hesitant to even bother with them again

Ill keep usibg palmetto state thank you very much

Back
Top Bottom