• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9mm 115gr RN Reloaded $159/1000+$12.50SH

What are the drawbacks to buying reloaded and what does the letters 115 gr RN denote, Round-Nose what, plated or jacketed?

I've read dozens of reviews of the JR ammo, but many of them (the reviews) don't mention whether they're testing JR's Reloads or New manufactured ammo..

.. but all reviews have been positive.

17.2 cents per delivered IS a good price.

I know RN means Round Nose but I'm with you, Round Nose what? I hate when these guys do this. From looking at the picture it could be either plated lead round nose or full metal jactet round nose. At this price I guess it wouldn't really matter if you're just using for plinking or target ammo. I would think the quality of the reloads would be close or the same as the new stuff. It's probably all processed on the same machines by the same people. I haven't heard anything bad about them.

All of their new manufacture is listed as copper plated.....looks the same from the pics

I just talked to Chris Parker, the CEO of Jack Ross and he told me the copper plated "RN" round nose are a lead projectile with copper plating to help stop fouling. They're basically the same as a 22lr copper plated bullet. He said at the velocities most pistols shoot at fouling won't be a problem. In other words the copper plating won't be stripped off when the bullet travels down the barrel. In any event these are the best priced 9mm brass cased reloadable ammo I've seen anywhere. Reloaded or new.

Last edited:
Hey ya'll would this ammo be ok to shoot out of a keltec sub2k? I have no idea and have never bought reloaded. All i know is i need more.

Hey ya'll would this ammo be ok to shoot out of a keltec sub2k? I have no idea and have never bought reloaded. All i know is i need more.

Sorry I can't answer your question but if you plan on getting this ammo I'd wait a little bit. The price is going back down to $159/1000rds real soon. Maybe in the next few days. I'll change the title line when it does.

Sorry I can't tell you the specs. on this stuff. I'm not sure why Glock says to not use reloads except maybe they're afraid of hot loads. This ammo is processed on the same machines that they make their new ammo on. I talked to Chris today and he's not only the CEO but he's the owner. He told me they had a back up processing these because they ran out and their resized brass supplier over promised brass to their customers and couldn't fill the order he had to them. They also jacked his brass price up by 20% for 2012 across the board on resized brass which is why the price is now $175/1000rds.......but...He said to hell with this and bought a brand new resizing machine and also lined up thousands of pounds of brass to reload. He's doing it all in house now and he said the price will come back down when he gets to the new supply of brass. The new price will be $159/1000rds and that will not be a special. That will be the regular price. If you want to know anything about this ammo call (775)-857-1111 and Chris will most likely be the one who answers the phone. Nice guy, you'll like talking to him.

Back
Top Bottom