• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9mm 115gr RN Reloaded $159/1000+$12.50SH

now it says out of stock..do i got to call them to place an order?

Because of the backlog of orders and people having to wait so long for their orders to be filled the owner of Jack Ross posted this on the front page of his website.

"We are experiencing severe delays in shipping 9mm reloads. Basically we got more orders than we could handle. We have stopped accepting new orders for 9mm reloads until we are caught up and we are restructuring the way we do business so this wont happen again. All existing orders will be shipped within the month, but if you wish to cancel your order please email sales@jackrossammo.com and put 'cancel order #____' in the subject line. We appreciate your business and patience and we look forward to providing you with the best reloads, at the best price, with the fastest shipping.

Chris"

I also ordered, but on January 18th. There was a 'hubbub' on their facebook page a week and a half ago (it's been deleted now) that prompted the delay email, the website update, etc. We're not the only one in this boat. I was told via facebook that my order would ship last week but hasn't yet. Since you folks ordered on the 17th and have at least a delivery notification maybe I'm close behind you. I agree, the lack of communication is not good. Hopefully the product is worth the wait and frustration. After all this is over I hope they learn that customer service and communication is key.

I also ordered, but on January 18th. There was a 'hubbub' on their facebook page a week and a half ago (it's been deleted now) that prompted the delay email, the website update, etc. We're not the only one in this boat. I was told via facebook that my order would ship last week but hasn't yet. Since you folks ordered on the 17th and have at least a delivery notification maybe I'm close behind you. I agree, the lack of communication is not good. Hopefully the product is worth the wait and frustration. After all this is over I hope they learn that customer service and communication is key.

Trust me he knows customer service is paramount. The problem was it's a small company that offered ammo at price that made everyone want it. I posted this deal in about 10 forums and it overwhelmed them to the point they absolutely couldn't keep up. He was getting hundreds of emails and phone calls a day and simply couldn't handle the sheer volume of them. He was sending people new ammo and extra ammo to try to make up for delays and his final decision was to "out of stock" the ammo. He originally listed this as a Black Friday deal and was so overwhelmed he out of stocked it then. He was about to have his resized brass cost increased by his supplier by 20% across the board so he bought his own resizing equiptment and lined up his own once-fired brass supply. He caught up and relisted it. Then he got backed up again. He also hired new employees and started extra shifts as well as running 6 days a week to catch up. He's still trying to catch up. The thing is his ammo is some good stuff and I've heard nothing but good about the quality. It's worth waiting for trust me.

Last edited:
Trust me he knows customer service is paramount. The problem was it's a small company that offered ammo at price that made everyone want it. I posted this deal in about 10 forums and it overwhelmed them to the ponit they absolutely couldn't keep up. He was getting hundreds of emails and phone calls a day and simply couldn't handle the sheer volume of them. He was sending people new ammo and extra ammo to try to make up for delays and his final decision was to "out of stock" the ammo. He originally listed this as a Black Friday deal and was so overwhelmed he out of stocked it then. He was about to have his resized brass cost increased by his supplier by 20% across the board so he bought his own resizing equiptment and lined up his own once-fired brass supply. He caught up and relisted it. Then he got backed up again. He also hired new employees and started extra shifts as well as running 6 days a week to catch up. He's still trying to catch up. The thing is his ammo is some good stuff and I've heard nothing but good about the quality. It's worth waiting for trust me.

First, thank you for posting the ammo deals on many websites. I think it was one of yours that I was made aware of the deal.

I know all of the info you posted above, but only through my own research and finding posts that I believe were made by you on other firearm forums. I'm all for small business and would and probably will still support them, but they should have been very forthcoming to anyone who ordered under the 'may take 14 days because of high demand'. As it stands it was almost at a month when I started inquiring and all requests were ignored. It was then I started my own digging and the only reason I haven't charged back the card was because of (what I believe were)your posts on other forums that stated their situation. None of that did I hear from them. If they would have sent out an email and posted on their website at the onset of realizing that 2 weeks was no longer going to happen this 'panic' that I've seen evident on facebook and other forums could have been avoided.

I realize they were not expecting the volume of orders that actually happened. I realize their first instinct was to just bust ass and get the orders fulfilled. If I've learned anything during my professional years, it's 'keep the lines of communication open' and keep people abreast of any issues that are cropping up. If people are hearing these things they're going to be more forgiving when you miss a deadline. As soon as you start hiding (or ignoring because you are super busy) things people lose trust in you. This philosophy crosses over to any industry.

I want them to succeed and that is why i'm keeping my order with them. I just wish I had heard of any extra delays from them and not from having to do my own digging.
I've been anxiously waiting to try the ammo out - I've only heard good things about it.
Also, thanks for for trying to get the word out regarding their situation.

I too have kept my order to help support a small business. All my e-mails (3) have gotten no response. Phone calls went unanswered (mostly) and when I did get through a couple weeks ago, they told me one more week. I have access to a local deal for "NEW" ammo at nearly the same price and have held off buying it, but I'm getting tired of coming home and seeing no box on my front porch.

First, thank you for posting the ammo deals on many websites. I think it was one of yours that I was made aware of the deal.

I know all of the info you posted above, but only through my own research and finding posts that I believe were made by you on other firearm forums. I'm all for small business and would and probably will still support them, but they should have been very forthcoming to anyone who ordered under the 'may take 14 days because of high demand'. As it stands it was almost at a month when I started inquiring and all requests were ignored. It was then I started my own digging and the only reason I haven't charged back the card was because of (what I believe were)your posts on other forums that stated their situation. None of that did I hear from them. If they would have sent out an email and posted on their website at the onset of realizing that 2 weeks was no longer going to happen this 'panic' that I've seen evident on facebook and other forums could have been avoided.

I realize they were not expecting the volume of orders that actually happened. I realize their first instinct was to just bust ass and get the orders fulfilled. If I've learned anything during my professional years, it's 'keep the lines of communication open' and keep people abreast of any issues that are cropping up. If people are hearing these things they're going to be more forgiving when you miss a deadline. As soon as you start hiding (or ignoring because you are super busy) things people lose trust in you. This philosophy crosses over to any industry.

I want them to succeed and that is why i'm keeping my order with them. I just wish I had heard of any extra delays from them and not from having to do my own digging.
I've been anxiously waiting to try the ammo out - I've only heard good things about it.
Also, thanks for for trying to get the word out regarding their situation.

No problem. I've gotten to know Chris and he's a good guy. I agree they're should have been more in the way of at least an updated note about things on the website. I spent many phone calls with him talking about this and helping people get their ammo when it seemed they'd been lost in the shuffle. I finally suggested he should put it's status to "out of stock" because this was causing more harm then good for his business.

One thing I've learned about Chris, the owner, is he's not only a business man but he's an avid supporter of the shooting sports and in trying to provide affordable ammo to people but has gotten himself in a mess. I think he's on the right track now and I'm sure he apprectiates everyone's patience and support. He did at one point go into the thread I posted on the CalGuns forum, http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=514999&page=2 , where he's a site sponsor and supporter to address some of the problems with this sale. He didn't know all of the forums I've posted this in so that's why I've tried to take an active role in helping people and getting as much information as I can and passing it on. I feel a certain sense of responsiblity to people because I posted the deal. I don't just post a deal and forget it. He will get everyone the ammo they ordered I know this.

Last edited:
Scary how easily a small business can almost blow up because they are too successful.

Hope they catch up soon though, since I really liked the 9mm and want to try out their 45 ACP.

I received my order today. It took seven days, but the price was good enough to wait. I have not shot any yet but the ammo looks very good. I will wait a week for ammo at this price, saved about $60 over buying local.

Back
Top Bottom