• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9mm & 45 suppressed defensive ammo

Porter Rockwell

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
93   0
Reaction score
what's the best subsonic 9mm and 45 ammo defensive hollow point ammo for use with a suppressor? Also is there any chance 147 grain 9mm bullets get supersonic out of a 8 inch or longer barrel?

I most shoot 158gr suppressed but I'd imagine whether its 147JHP, 158FMJ or even 115FMJ someone is going to have a bad day if they get hit a couple of times.

what's the best subsonic 9mm and 45 ammo defensive hollow point ammo for use with a suppressor? Also is there any chance 147 grain 9mm bullets get supersonic out of a 8 inch or longer barrel?

Good question. I'd like to know as well since building an 8.5" barreled AR 9mm pistol. I've been wondering if subsonic would become supersonic due to the barrel length.

Good question. I'd like to know as well since building an 8.5" barreled AR 9mm pistol. I've been wondering if subsonic would become supersonic due to the barrel length.

I have a B model uzi SBR and i'm pretty sure that the 147gr and 158gr go supersonic out of the 9" bbl. . Based purely on sound, perceived recoil, and feel...i dont have eqpt to measure it.

Best? I dont know. I keep plenty of Hst Federal in both calibers. I also have Rem Sabres. Google a ballistics chart for the 147 to see if it goes super out of a long barrel. Its been a while since I shot my 9mm 16" carbine but I dont remember there being a crack when shooting 147g.

I use ranger t 147 with black lubalox bullet. Bought a case of it back in late 90s. This ammo sometimes goes supersonic from my glock 17.
New production ranger t 147 does not. As far as defensive performance goes, there are a few hogs that took 1 round to DRT.
HST and hydra shock 147 work just as well.

Back
Top Bottom