• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9mm ar pistol question.

Hey thanks alot for all the input !! Im trying to get time to explore all the options for failure that have been mentioned and get some feedback for your questions. I can tell u now that yes it was built with lower and upper from different companies,and is a glock mag lower.The trigger is one that came in the pistol build LPK as part of the kit.I will post more info as I explore these options. I also have 2 brands and capacity mags of which one will hardly ever feed a rnd into chamber and the other feeds without fail.but trigger reset is problematic with both. Will update soon.

Put lighter spring in today fired pistol ,no difference. The trigger is not a dedicated trigger i dont think,it looks the closest to the first pic of trigger posted on this thread. I just dont understand why it resets like a champ when manually working the action but not when fired. When working it manually i dont pull it way back,just where it clears next rd and trigger will reset,fire it ,no reset.

Put lighter spring in today fired pistol ,no difference. The trigger is not a dedicated trigger i dont think,it looks the closest to the first pic of trigger posted on this thread. I just dont understand why it resets like a champ when manually working the action but not when fired. When working it manually i dont pull it way back,just where it clears next rd and trigger will reset,fire it ,no reset.

Well.

Lets begin with specifics.

What are the components.

1. What make of bolt do you have?

2. What is the length of buffer tube?

3. What type and weight is the buffer?

4. What is the length of your buffer spring?

5. What make of hammer do you have?

6. I think this is a hammer/ramped bolt issue but I'm guessing.

Pictures if you can of the bolt-the bottom/underneath part that the hammer contacts. Then the hammer, then the buffer then to buffer tube and spring.

Ok, bought total new upgraded trigger group,installed it,and now i have a awesome new semiauto 9mm AR pistol instead of a single shot pistol. Thanks to all who offered their thoughts on the matter,because that is what led me to my decision that is was the trigger. Time to burn some powder now.

Ok, bought total new upgraded trigger group,installed it,and now i have a awesome new semiauto 9mm AR pistol instead of a single shot pistol. Thanks to all who offered their thoughts on the matter,because that is what led me to my decision that is was the trigger. Time to burn some powder now.

Well that's great news and congrats.

I never really thought of an AR-15 9mm until I shot one and my close friends shot one. With a red dot, rapid accurate first shot and follow up shots (double/triple taps) which sounds like you'll be enjoying soon enough now.

Sorry, I'm late to the thread. What trigger did you go with? I have an ALG ACT in my AR9 pistol, and it has been great. It is one of my favorites to shoot.

Back
Top Bottom