• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9mm reloading cost

Hunterrs

Wolf Icon Supporter
Frontiersman
104   0
Reaction score
Has anyone ever done any research to determine cost per round for 9mm reloading? I have a single stage press and if I get into reloading for 9mm it is going to be a big investment. I am trying to decide if it is worth it.

Can't shoot lead in my glock unless I spend more money on a barrel. So 11 cents v 30 cents (figuring 15.00 per 50). My problem is that I have no progressive press and that would be a big investment. I love working up a load for a particular rifle and I know they shoot better, but with the investment I would have to make, I don't see it.

I can recommend combining Lee dies and their Pro Auto Disk powder measure.

They combine the case mouth expansion and charging into a single step. Even on a single stage press it makes quick work of loading handgun rounds.

well savings on the 9MM and 40 S & W aren't going to be the greatest as the factory ammo for these weapons are among the cheapest on the market.
That being said i load 115 or 124 grain plated 9MM for about 6.25- 6.50 per box of 50, this includes everything including shipping cost.
now I reload mostly as i also shoot the 45 acp, 38 Super and 10MM, as well as a few 41 mags here and there.
so if you got all the stuff except the dies then why not do 9MM?
also the only need for a progressive press is owner needs, you can laod pefectly fine on the single stage, just not as fast.

he nailed it
if free brass
03 for primer
01 for powder
.06 for lead
.08 or so if you want jacked (if you can find them)

But you will also like your own loads better than the factory ones

Ditto... but I also cast my own bullets and those loads are really just powder and primer.

I guess the going rate on a 50 round box of plain Remington 115 grain bullets is about $12 after tax (guessing here- I haven't bought factory ammo in forever). But I can load 50 with a Ranier bullet for about half that price- so I save $5 to $6 per 50. Depends on how much you shoot, but divide your reloading cost by $5 and see how many factory rounds you have to buy to make up the cost.

he nailed it
if free brass
03 for primer
01 for powder
.06 for lead
.08 or so if you want jacked (if you can find them)

But you will also like your own loads better than the factory ones

Ditto... but I also cast my own bullets and those loads are really just powder and primer.

I guess the going rate on a 50 round box of plain Remington 115 grain bullets is about $12 after tax (guessing here- I haven't bought factory ammo in forever). But I can load 50 with a Ranier bullet for about half that price- so I save $5 to $6 per 50. Depends on how much you shoot, but divide your reloading cost by $5 and see how many factory rounds you have to buy to make up the cost.

And I trade for alot of my Bullets so even cheaper. Powder and Primers are most all I buy. But these are Perfect estimates of what it should cost you. Bartering saves alot!!

Back
Top Bottom