• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9mm reloading cost

dug this up from an older post so the pricing may be a bit outdated (by a year) but it will give you a good estimate in normal times what it costs...

1k 9mm brass cases (thebrassexchange.com) $23
1k SP primers (wolf @dixie ammo dump) $20
1k 125gr JHP (@ Roze Distributors) $110
powder (.75lb of titegroup $20/lb) $15
1lb powder = 7000grains average load 4.5gr titegroup (over max just for estimation) =1500 rounds per pound

~$170 for 1k 124 JHP 9mm rounds. if you save most of your brass your cost would go down to $150 for the same 1k rounds.. pretty good. bet you can't find JHP rounds tailored for your pistol for that kind of money. spend the extra $20 on HP bullets or just shoot lead (Ga Arms sells 1k 124gr LFN bullets for $54) and your cost would be about $90 if you have your brass for 1k rounds.

1k 147gr plated bullets $100
1k primers $25
1k pick up brass $0
2800 grains of powder $5

1 case of subsonic 147 grain 9mm ......... $130 plus about 3 hours of time.

1k 147gr plated bullets $100
1k primers $25
1k pick up brass $0
2800 grains of powder $5

1 case of subsonic 147 grain 9mm ......... $130 plus about 3 hours of time.

Pre-panic or current pricing? What's the velocity on those? Are those normal power at around 1,000 fps or are they plinking ammo at around 8-900?

Also, and I guess I could look this up myself but just in case you know off the top of your head, how much would 1,000 rounds of 147gr lead (non metal cased/plated) ammo cost?

What's the velocity on those? Are those normal power at around 1,000 fps or are they plinking ammo at around 8-900?

Also, and I guess I could look this up myself but just in case you know off the top of your head, how much would 1,000 rounds of 147gr lead (non metal cased/plated) ammo cost?

They are about 875 fps, makes minor power factor out of my 17 for USPSA.

Last I knew a case of subsonic 9mm was over 300 and that was 2 years ago at least.

For 9mm plinking, right now I am using:

125gr lead from Ga Arms= .05
Range p/u brass= 0.0
4gr titegroup= .01
Primer= .03

For 9mm plinking, right now I am using:

125gr lead from Ga Arms= .05
Range p/u brass= 0.0
4gr titegroup= .01
Primer= .03

:jaw: $0.09/round? That's incredible. Maybe I should make room in my apartment for all of the necessary reloading equipment after all. Screw waiting a few years until I have a house and a garage

Last edited:
:jaw: $0.09/round? That's incredible. Maybe I should make room in my apartment for all of the necessary reloading equipment after all. Screw waiting a few years until I have a house and a garage

I live in an apartment. I got a wood bench and made room. It's way worth it.

I live in an apartment. I got a wood bench and made room. It's way worth it.

Approximately how big of a table would I need? I'm only going to reload 9mm for now, but at some point I'm going to buy a 45 ACP and a 10mm so I'd like the option of reloading those too with whatever set up I get. I'm thinking I could easily fit a 2.5'x5' table up against a wall

Approximately how big of a table would I need? I'm only going to reload 9mm for now, but at some point I'm going to buy a 45 ACP and a 10mm so I'd like the option of reloading those too with whatever set up I get. I'm thinking I could easily fit a 2.5'x5' table up against a wall

5' long by 2.5' deep is workable.

Back
Top Bottom