• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9mm reloading help needed

If you have a phone with slow motion recording. Record a few failures and post them. It should be clear what type of failure you are experiencing. If it is always the same type of failure describe the position of the slide, fired round and unfired round. There are many separate processes happing in a short period of time when firing and reloading a round.

I have found this to be one of the most helpful things when troubleshooting. I take a slo-mo video and scroll through, frame by frame. You can often see exactly whats going on.

What bullet profile are you using? RN usually chambers in just about any barrel, cone or semi wadcutters not so much, you will have to play with bullet depth. Also are you loading FMJ, Lead, Plated? Lead bullets usually have a larger outside diameter. As for crimping, mic the outside diameter of the brass where you crimp and make sure it matches saami spec, I believe it is .380, that is how I set my crimp die.

I had the same problem with one of my loads. Lead cone bullets fed fine in my 226, but when I ran it in my PCC or glock which have tighter chambers, I couldn't extract the round manually once loaded.

Hey Guys,

I've not really set my Lee to crimp much at all because I've always heard you don't really need to crimp 9mm. Should I crimp a little more or is my expanding die just over expanding the case mouth?

Thanks!
Caleb

There are 2 types of crimp dies (taper and roll) for the 9mm. No matter which you use, you need the following:

1) You need a case gage
2) You need to plunk test
3) you may need to polish the ramp

You assume too much when you drop in a new barrel. It's not plug and play. If you like the barrel that much, take it to a gunsmith.

FTE and double feeds are 2 different actions. You have multiple problems here

Back
Top Bottom