• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9mm reloading looking for cleaner powder & compatable with .45acp

I went with win231 like it it's clean and works well in my 9 and 45. The 45 having so much space I can load a powderpuff load all the way up to a hot load I haven't notched much change in the 9

just to reply back and I just got thru testing a few 45 loads last week. I loaded up a few charges of Titegroup, AA #5, Unique, and Clays. I loaded the clays load too light (can't recall exactly, but like 3.5 or 3.8 grains?) and it didn't eject/work the slide all the way back.

I had been hoping that I would get good results from Titegroup but with the two loads I tested vs the #5 loads, the #5 felt better and were a little more accurate. so I guess it's time to buy a few more pounds of AA #5. I did load some 230gr lead RN bullets with Unique and was happy with the results from that as well.

I shoot several thousand cast bullets per year in 9mm and 45 acp. Have been exclusively using std Clays powder from Hodgdon with fantastic accuracy. If the tips are profile crimped properly, there is very little if any soot generated....it is very clean. Similar results with Titegroup as it is a very clean buring powder too and is not sensitive to temperature changes or powder positioning within the case.. Both powders generate respectable but not screaming speeds and both generate a slight push feeling on ignition which helps me with recoil management.

Back
Top Bottom