• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9MM Shell failure

I use this brass for my reloads. If you notice there is a shoulder inside the brass. This shoulder reduces the case capacity and thus requires a lighter load when reloading. If you are using Freedom Munitions ammo and it is splitting the case I suspect that they have loaded them hot. Can you take a pic of the primer. I suspect excessive pressures. I would try some Winchester or federal factory ammo. I doubt that you have the same results.

I used to have excellent luck with Freedom, and to be fair they were the first people to get 9mm (reload) ammo down under $10/box since the Great Ammo Shortage.

Unfortunately it seems like they have forgotten about QC since the Shortage, and there are several threads detailing all kinds of problems with their current ammo.

Like tjkane above, I've pretty much given up on them and and I'm simply shooting whatever I have left. At this point you can get new ammo from places like SGA for less than their reloads in many cases.

I used to have excellent luck with Freedom, and to be fair they were the first people to get 9mm (reload) ammo down under $10/box since the Great Ammo Shortage.

Unfortunately it seems like they have forgotten about QC since the Shortage, and there are several threads detailing all kinds of problems with their current ammo.

Like tjkane above, I've pretty much given up on them and and I'm simply shooting whatever I have left. At this point you can get new ammo from places like SGA for less than their reloads in many cases.

Same experience, shot freedom afew years back occasionally with no problems, but I wouldn't shoot it now even if it was free.

Back
Top Bottom