• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9mm Sub Loads

RotoTerrier

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
32   0
Reaction score
What’s your favorite for handgun suppressor use?

I’ve recently settled on 4.1gr of clean shot under a 135gr powder coated lead RNFP. Same load as AA#2

Functions very well suppressed and is very accurate.

Anyone using TiteGroup? I’ve considered it but it seems a bit fast.

Still working on pcc loads. Have to down load them a bit to keep them sub.

I loaded up a couple hundred of the acme http://www.acmebullet.com/9mm/9mm-145
With 3.0 grains of titegroup for plinking but have not sent them over the chrony yet. Soft shooting and accurate but you can see the flash on the brass from the heat in the titegroup… I have run them through multiple glocks, CZ scorpion, cz po1 with zero problems.

I think about any powder with a 147 grain bullet in the 9mm will be subsonic in a pistol. Maybe find one that burns cleanest? I am thinking CFE Pistol might be a good candidate.

Rosewood

Following this to see what recipes folks offer up.

My go-to for plinking ammo has been 4.0gr W231 under an Xtreme 124gr plated. I don't have speeds on them, but I believe they're dancing around supersonic territory (especially from the SP5).

I'm still waiting for my Obsidian45 to be released. It'll split duty between an M9A4 and an SP5 as far as 9mm hosts go.

I picked up a case of Fiocchi 158gr FMJ solely for suppressed use when that day comes, especially if I haven't found a favorite handload yet.

To be fair though, the majority of loads listed in my Hornady and Lyman manuals are sub. Shouldn't be too difficult to find something I've got powder for 🤞

I think about any powder with a 147 grain bullet in the 9mm will be subsonic in a pistol. Maybe find one that burns cleanest? I am thinking CFE Pistol might be a good candidate.

Rosewood

yes but CFE tends to be just as dirty as TG for me when using in the low end of the charge spectrum.

TG is great but you must be aware to not double charge… it’s hard to see such little flake powder in the cases

developing some N320 147gr loads for my pistols currently. Will let you know how they turn out in the next week or two.

first few loads I think were too low and had a few FTE's and such. Have a new batch with a bit more powder to see how they sound and the velocity once I can put them thru a chrono

developing some N320 147gr loads for my pistols currently. Will let you know how they turn out in the next week or two.

first few loads I think were too low and had a few FTE's and such. Have a new batch with a bit more powder to see how they sound and the velocity once I can put them thru a chrono
Right on. Curious to hear your thoughts on the N320 overall as well. W231 runs clean at near max charges, but gets pretty dirty when you try to back it off. I've heard good stuff about the N320 at greater charges. If it stays clean for you on sub loads, I may have to snag a pound to play with.

Back
Top Bottom