• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9mm Sub Loads

Right on. Curious to hear your thoughts on the N320 overall as well. W231 runs clean at near max charges, but gets pretty dirty when you try to back it off. I've heard good stuff about the N320 at greater charges. If it stays clean for you on sub loads, I may have to snag a pound to play with.
I started with Titegroup and played with that, but it's been a while and no good access to a chrono. I was having some issues with "spray" from the loads and sometimes not locking open last round/FTE, etc.

I started with Titegroup and played with that, but it's been a while and no good access to a chrono. I was having some issues with "spray" from the loads and sometimes not locking open last round/FTE, etc.
I've gotten very consistent velocities with Titegroup loaded near max years ago, but it burned very hot from what I remember. Serious discoloration of brass. Never tried reduced loads of it though. I've seen others report that it gets pretty dirty the lighter the charge, similar to what I've ran into with W231.

Another powder I've seen a bunch of lately is CFE Pistol. Feedback is all over the map but might be worth a try. The Gavintoobe dude on YouTube had some pretty solid sub loads with it.

Back
Top Bottom