• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9mm suppressor host

From what we have seen over the years it seems to be getting hard to find a "bad" semi auto pistol host. We usually people stick to what they already like and either buy a threaded model or get a barrel for a gun they already have.
Thanks! I was considering a threaded barrel for my rock island, I know it’s not a high end 1911 but I love it and it’s a tack driver! Any recommendations on a 9mm 1911 barrel for it?

I’m not a Glock fanboy be any means, don’t even own one but how are they for suppressor hosts?
I use a Liberty Mystic X on my G19, 0 malfunctions with full load ammo, the G19 does not like subsonic ammo of any brand or weight, approx 2 FTFs per magazine. I'm guessing a lighter spring would fix the problem, but it's plenty quiet without shooting subsonic ammo.

im needing me a 9mm suppressor host, I have an AR9 and 45 1911 for my tirant but wants a pistol in 9. I have a rock island 1911-9mm that I absolutely love and is stupid accurate, and may put a threaded barrel in it but can’t find much on that particular topic. Has anyone here put an aftermarket threaded barrel In A rock island? Or do you have a recommendation for a 9mm host? Love 1911’s but doesn’t have to be one,

My newest host is a Beretta APX Combat with a Trijicon RM06....comes stock with a threaded barrel and a cutout for a RDS.
sYP0gxIh.jpg

No complaints.....

yFGkfuIh.jpg

I also have the APX Compact model that I will be testing as a host soon.

I’m not a Glock fanboy be any means, don’t even own one but how are they for suppressor hosts?
Glocks are not the best hosts. They are poppy compared to others and hit or miss whether or not they need to be fiddled with to run properly. Usually just a combo of springs, but still. If you aren't already a glock guy, no need to be one now. Signs and HK's make great hosts. My CZ P07 is my favorite though. It just feels the best in my hands with a can on it.

Go with what you already like and feel comfortable shooting.

Back
Top Bottom