15 yard test using;

Gen3 G32 with Stormlake 9mm conversion barrel and standard G32 .357sig barrel

Gen4 G41 stock

9mm 124gr standard HST entry/exit

Splash back emptied 95% of the can

IMG_8768.JPG
IMG_8769.JPG

.45acp 230gr Federal FMJ entry/exit

Clean hole no splash back whatsoever almost full and exactly what I expected from the FMJ.
IMG_8770.JPG
IMG_8771.JPG

The Fruity .357sig 124gr Speer Gold Dot

Explosion and mass splashback...

100% eviction from can

IMG_8772.JPG
IMG_8773.JPG

I'll be carrying the Eviction Hammer in .357sig the rest of the year.....

I've been told in 4 different local gun shops that a .45acp fmj will do the job....

This is the result boys.

I've met at least 4 guys on ODT that had 1911's filled up with FMJ's during a meet up :shocked:
Well, they are wrong and I'm sure someone somewhere will tell you that any FMJ is just fine regardless of caliber. But either way, it's not a fair comparison.

When has life ever been known to be fair... :cool:

This was a real life personal test on ammo that I shoot on a regular basis in my backyard on test subjects

Believe me all of my handguns keep fresh quality HP rounds

I shoot a lot of 9mm/.357sig defensive rounds only though as it's only a couple of dollars more to shoot. Not so much in the .45

A few years ago a friend called me and said he wanted to by his first firearm. He had narrowed it down to a pistol and was debating between 9mm and 357sig. He asked my thoughts. I said picture this, someone breaks into your house a couple shots are fired no one's hit and he is now hiding behind your fridge. I said If you have the 9mm find good defensive cover and call 911. If you have the 357sig and all you have to shoot through is both sides of the fridge a gallon of water, a gallon of tea, a gallon of milk a gallon of icecream, 2 frozen racks of ribs, two 24 oz porterhouse steaks and some frozen chicken, just start shooting through the fridge, then call the coroner and a cleaning lady. He bought the 357sig, still has it, still loves it.

I'm a big fan of the .357 sig. I think it gives the best bang for the buck of all semi auto pistol rounds. I understand your comparison of the 9 and 357 rounds using personal defense rounds but would rather have seen the same in the 45 instead of a target round so we could compare apples to apples.....

Let me get at that can with my 1911 45 defensive ammo or my 10mm with defensive ammo and then we will see some action. That will give a good comparison of what a 45 will do. If you locate the pieces of the can after you shoot it.

Back
Top Bottom