• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A beautiful Pit Bull was on her way to the vet to be put down...

Rollin Bonz

Default rank <2000 posts Lifetime Supporter
(╯°□°)╯︵ ʞooqǝɔɐℲ
89   0
Reaction score
As the wife and I spent our Tuesday off doing the usual animal rescue stuff for ARF, we were asked to do something we weren't able to do...
My wife wrote up and placed this listing on a rescue site for her instead, and we brought her home for one last chance.
Please check it out and pass it along...

Hopefully we can find this girl a great home.

http://pitbull.rescueme.org/Georgia?12-08-22-00089

Thank you!!

Rollin

Feel sorry for this dog, but she is a lawsuit waiting to happen. Good on you for trying to save her, but she has a strong hunting/killing instinct and I've never seen it end well with dogs like this. We did in-family fostering for a while, and came across a couple of mean tempered dogs and cured them with a little love and discipline. But once a dog starts killing domesticated cats and fights frequently with other dogs, that's a huge liability.

Feel sorry for this dog, but she is a lawsuit waiting to happen. Good on you for trying to save her, but she has a strong hunting/killing instinct and I've never seen it end well with dogs like this. We did in-family fostering for a while, and came across a couple of mean tempered dogs and cured them with a little love and discipline. But once a dog starts killing domesticated cats and fights frequently with other dogs, that's a huge liability.

^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

To anyone still around that cares to know...

After almost 11 additional years in our care, "Lovey" passed away today, having harmed no humans and only a few scratches received from and given to other canines through a few heated discussions.

Although we were unable to provide her with the life she deserved, we did our best.

Always smiling, tail wagging, and happy to see me, even though the life we provided for you was woefully basic.

Rest easy, sweet girl...

Kudos to you & your wife. Sometimes breeds get a bad rap bc of the way or light in which they are shown. We can thank music videos & movies for that (in this case at least). Had a pit rescue for 16 years. Best dog in the world. Never harmed a fly (except for the ups truck tires). We believe she must have been traumatized by a delivery driver before she adopted us.

Back
Top Bottom