• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A brother has Stage 4 Prostate Cancer! Need good advice ODTers.

Hopper

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
105   0
Reaction score
A brother ODTer has just found out he has Stage 4 Prostate Cancer (731 PSA) that has metastasized to his bones (visible on x-rays) and maybe more. You wouldn't know it by looking at him. He is 62 and says he feels fine. His faith and trust is in the Lord. He has a bone density test and MRI scheduled for Friday. Please share any experience and advice on treatment options you might be aware of. There are probably many others here that will benefit your input also.
Thanks

I would certainly talk to the people at Radiotheraphy Clinics of Ga, RCOG, in Decatur. I was diagnosed with prostate Cancer in 2003 and had seed implants followed by radiation treatments. For my level of PSA and Gleason score, they had published results indicating a 9 year cure rate of about 93% which was about the same as the 10 year cure rate published by Johhs Hopkins for prostate cancer surgery. RCOG may not be able to help him, but they will be sure to know who to send him to and what treatments to suggest. Dr Christ of RCOG is well aquainted with Dr Walsh of Johns Hopkins University Hospital.

May God by with your friend in his search for the best treatment and hopefully cure.

All men over 50 would be well advised to have annual PSA tests, a simple blood test.

Back
Top Bottom