• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A change of pace.

I grew up hunting beagles and have two now but they are worthless spoiled pets. Never had a bird dog. Watching ANY hunting dog work to me is one of life's true great pleasures.
I miss my bird dogs. Had an English setter & pointer growing up. Hunted quail and woodcock 2-3 days a week in between school work and my after school job.

Lost my Brittany about 4 years ago and miss him every day...

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

I miss my bird dogs. Had an English setter & pointer growing up. Hunted quail and woodcock 2-3 days a week in between school work and my after school job.

Lost my Brittany about 4 years ago and miss him every day...

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Those are some fine dogs and great companions for sure.

I saw one Woodcock flying into some short pines at daybreak. By the time I realized what it was it was gone. I covered a good bit of ground.....No flushes, bitter cold this morning. I guess the birds were hunkered down tight in the thick pines-no way to get in there due to 7’ tall gator briars. I don’t want a bird that bad.

I've never hunted those. although I did taken snipe hunting as a young boy and left to find my way back home after sitting in the damn dark for about 45 minutes,
I have a awesome Duetch Drathaar that is an amazing hunter. Would love to have her hunt these once at least.

Back
Top Bottom