• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A Cyber Attack By An Enemy Nation Could Cause Mass Casualties In US, Says New Documentary

A cyber attack would mostly just kill all the right people though. City dwellers. Blow the bridges and shutoff the power to Manhattan and watch the "popular vote" shift to the positive in a week..

Its amazing what can be done with a few keystrokes.
20170223_222525.png

Stay prepared...

No secret. Weakest link isn't even the equipment; it's the people. When your password is 12345, don't be upset when Ahmad the Pissed Off Iranian hacks into your system and screws everything up. Or when you leave flammable conduit underneath vital commerce lanes ... not that we'd know anything about that.

If it wasn't for the fact that the Chinese need us to keep their economy pumping, they could muck up half the damn country and we couldn't do a thing about it. Atlanta would be easy to cripple. A sleeper cell to take out a few key interstate overpasses and hack the utilities network. Don't even have to cut off power to the entire city; just downtown, the airport, and the unruly parts of the city. The yuppies couldn't get out and Atlanta PD could not deal with the rioting that would result from lack of services in the poorer districts. Result would put Sherman's work to shame.

Don't believe me? Go back to Katrina. Nobody was prepared and they all suffered for it, as did the entire Southeast thanks to the number of refugees. Hurricane actually came with more warning than a cyber attack would; yet we all know how it went down. I remember being let out of school for (I think) two days because there wouldn't be enough gasoline to fuel all of the buses. What if it was an invasion instead of a hurricane? How would a county insure that PD's get the necessary supplies to maintain order and provide security? How about the State? It's the American way to not plan until you're overdue, and one day it's going to doom us all.

No secret. Weakest link isn't even the equipment; it's the people. When your password is 12345, don't be upset when Ahmad the Pissed Off Iranian hacks into your system and screws everything up. Or when you leave flammable conduit underneath vital commerce lanes ... not that we'd know anything about that.

If it wasn't for the fact that the Chinese need us to keep their economy pumping, they could muck up half the damn country and we couldn't do a thing about it. Atlanta would be easy to cripple. A sleeper cell to take out a few key interstate overpasses and hack the utilities network. Don't even have to cut off power to the entire city; just downtown, the airport, and the unruly parts of the city. The yuppies couldn't get out and Atlanta PD could not deal with the rioting that would result from lack of services in the poorer districts. Result would put Sherman's work to shame.

Don't believe me? Go back to Katrina. Nobody was prepared and they all suffered for it, as did the entire Southeast thanks to the number of refugees. Hurricane actually came with more warning than a cyber attack would; yet we all know how it went down. I remember being let out of school for (I think) two days because there wouldn't be enough gasoline to fuel all of the buses. What if it was an invasion instead of a hurricane? How would a county insure that PD's get the necessary supplies to maintain order and provide security? How about the State? It's the American way to not plan until you're overdue, and one day it's going to doom us all.

Couldn't have said it better.

Back
Top Bottom