• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A day late - holding history from WW2

outlaw1961

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
86   0
Reaction score
friend of mine decided to have a yard sale. He retired from Cobb County and so did I. Sold his house and moving to Alabama. I decided to go see him this morning and buy something. I had forgot that he was a collector of military items and is also a Vietnam vet, wounded in action. Well since I didn’t go yesterday this is what I missed. Mk 3, mk,4 and Jungle Carbine smle, k98 Mauser with all eagles and symbols in tact. All rifles with bayonets 800 for all.
Soviet svt-200 / myosin m44
I did buy a Russian sks, two garand bayonets, Japanese world war 2 police officer sword and five Kimsey custom knives. I really enjoyed talking with him and have never seen captured bring back paperwork on a weapon before. He had a sks that he took off of the first person that he had to kill. I also handled the ww1 and 2 colt 1911’s, 1917 with the pendersen cut out and his 1903. One last ditch Arisaka with mum and bayonet,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 73
Yes it was, as I held the last ditch Arisaka and knew that rifles production was the last resort of a beaten enemy. Very crude sights with just a wooden stock. Even at that point the Japanese couldn’t waste metal to go on the end of the stock

A neighbor across the street from me when I was a kid was a WW2 veteran.

He said “wanna see something?” Went down to his basement and came back with a very long (arisaka) rifle and a helmet. He showed where he had cut the stock in half to make it fit in his duffel bag on the way back. He showed the chrysanthemum and explained what an undamaged one was about. His was undamaged.

He told me of how a Japanese guy kept sticking his head out from behind a coconut tree and taking shots at his guys..... He showed me a hole which went clean through both sides of the helmet.... “Ol boy stuck his head out from behind that tree one too many times, and I popped him with my carbine.”

The WW2 guys I knew were awesome!

Back
Top Bottom