• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A few NFA questions (been through the process before).

Lightsped

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
3   0
Reaction score
Currently have several NFA firearms. Been about a year since I last submitted a Form 1/4.

I was looking at the ATF website and noticed that e-forms is down. Is this permanent? Are e-forms gone, and we must submit the old way?

Also, looking at SBRing a AR lower. Interested in registering it as a 556 and 300 blackout. How would I state this on the Form 1 application?

Thanks

Usually done for maintenance on Wednesdays for 12 hours I think but other than that probably just some issue but it's up for Form 1.

As far as caliber I just registered mine as a 5.56 as you can change it to whatever you want. From what I remember seeing don't use multi for the caliber. Heard someone got rejected for using that.

Register with the caliber engraved on the receiver from the factory, unless it's engraved Multi. If it's engraved Multi, just select the caliber of your choice.

After approval you can switch calibers and length any time you please without having to notify the Branch ( NFA)..

Can't give input on efile, I mail all mine. For $200 I at least want the authentic stamp.

Back
Top Bottom