• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A fresh rant because canoecanoe asked for one

Correct amount in your pocket when you go to a deal

• Yes I am a responsible adult.

Votes: 39 92.9%
  • No. I like being a Oscar Meyer Weiner.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I make up the difference in Tacos.

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading some ODT stories I always - always - ALWAYS! have the seller count the money in front of me and agree it is the correct amount.

Even if they say they trust me I INSIST - at least with folks I don't know.

Read stories about folks coming back later that you shorted them.

Just a good habit to have.

I do the same. CYA, and we all make mistakes.

If I agreed to pay a price them I agreed to show up with at least what I agreed to pay. I had one person need a bill broken, but fortunately I had change that day.
Sold a car on CL, and took a deposit since the guy said he wanted it. When we met a few days later he said his paycheck hadn't cleared so he couldn't get the rest from the ATM or something. So, I wouldn't sell the car. He called again and I met him at a store and said he STILL couldn't get all the money and asked me to sign the title over and let him pay me in a few days. Told him no. He got the rest of the money either that day or the next and had to meet me while I was at work which was a pain. Way too much drama for a cheap car.
99% of the time I price in multiples of 20, keep it simple.
That helps, but can't prevent some of the situations mentioned by OP. Good practice though. On the other hand if you price things like $83.44, they should have to count the the exact change before they come!

I have shown up to a meet without having the correct amount. It was my fault so I didn't even think about asking for any change back. Guy made an extra $10. He said he would take $10 less but I wasnt going to that because I was the one unprepared.

I had the same thing happen to me, once.

I always have at least what I'm supposed to pay. Even thrown in an extra $5-$10 a couple times because I didn't have exact change and I'm not about to short someone
Same here
I've sent a few folks off with a little extra $$ to keep them from waiting.

I have shown up to a meet without having the correct amount. It was my fault so I didn't even think about asking for any change back. Guy made an extra $10. He said he would take $10 less but I wasnt going to that because I was the one unprepared.

I did the same thing once. That's all it took for me to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom