• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A gang of new Kia Telluride SUVs

The EX model has MSRP of around $38k. I like the Kia Stinger. They're sharp little cars. They have a 365hp turbo model that I bet would fly. Not my cup of tea but nice looking cars.
We got one trailer load of bright yellow limited edition Stingers earlier this week. But the Stinger is another model that makes no sense. It has a brightly colored (tacky) interior complete with stainless pedals that just has to be marketed to milenials. Problem is that the cheapest one is close to $40K. So even if a fast and furious dumbass could afford the payment they most likely couldn't afford the payment AND the full coverage required.
To ME they're miserable cars. They sit too low inside and the center console takes up too much space. Not a lot of room and not a comfortable car.

Maybe $32k was for 2018's old body style Silverado still in dealer inventory ?, as I was quoted $33k for loaded old body-style Sierra GMC last week (not 2019).. they had a row of them unsold and I figure most GM dealers still have some to blow out as well.

To me the F150 is the benchmark for what a pickup
truck's size and pricing should be compared to.
You're probably right about the F150 and pricing . And I have no idea what body style Vaden was blowing out. All I know is the truck market is insane. One of the problems is that they keep throwing more stupid options at trucks. Last week I saw a GMC commercial with a power tailgate on the truck. Why do we need that? All that does is ad expense to the MSRP and to the repair bill when it breaks. A d it WILL break. It's a GM product after all. Kinda like the Tuscon and Santa Fe SUVs I deal with at work every day. Some have the push button rear hatch. I guess that's nice if you're short really short or handicapped. But those hatches take longer to close than the base models. Kinda like power seats with presets. I hate those. It's much quicker and easier to get a manual seat into your desired position. I know all those bells and whistles add to the resale value. But they also drive the MSRP way up and they break/wear out.
I guess my main point is that it seems like no company out there makes trucks for folks who just NEED a truck for truck purposes. It seems like they're all over the top over priced mid life mobiles these days. From what I see the Super Duty and the Cummins Dodge are the new red Corvettes.

My mechanic, a master in electronics, told me when I drove a new Ford 2500 diesel to the office last month.. "that truck has over 70 computers" while shaking his head.. I took the truck back to Akins :lol:

My 2008 toy highlander hybrid (bought for speed, not for economy) has never been to toyota for service. Brakes at 50k, struts at 75k and new front tires every year :)
I'm an F150 fan even though I have yet to own one. But I must admit the Tundra really grew on me. I still prefer the plain looks of the first generation. But since driving a few of them around the port the new ones ain't bad at all. But that sticker price...

Last week we drove Toyota Highlanders through the wash and parked them according to the country they were headed to. Well I know where Kazakhstan is and where the Ukraine is. But where the hell is Bremerhaven ?

Bremerhaven is port on north side of Germany. Shipped out of there in 1956 headed home.

My mechanic, a master in electronics, told me when I drove a new Ford 2500 diesel to the office last month.. "that truck has over 70 computers" while shaking his head.. I took the truck back to Akins :lol:

My 2008 toy highlander hybrid (bought for speed, not for economy) has never been to toyota for service. Brakes at 50k, struts at 75k and new front tires every year :)
but when that hybrid fails it will cost more to fix it than its worth, I know at least 3 people who no longer have theirs, the Toyotas last forever moniker doesn't apply to these

Kind of frightening that KIA's are going for $40K these days...
It's crazy. A plain old Rio sedan starts at $16K . You can get a new Nissan Versa for less. And I'm kinda soured on the whol Kia brand since owning this 2010 Soul. So far I've replaced all the coil packs and plugs more than once. Several head light bulbs for some reason. Last year it needed a crank sensor at $160.00 And earlier this year it needed a starter at $255.00.

i personally dont think i could ever bring myself to get a kia. BUT they have come a LONG way in the past few years in terms of quality and reliability. As has Hyundai. But i think ill stick with Subaru and Chevrolet for right now.

but when that hybrid fails it will cost more to fix it than its worth, I know at least 3 people who no longer have theirs, the Toyotas last forever moniker doesn't apply to these
That old toyotas last forever is long gone. Guy at work has an 09 tacoma and has been fighting driveline issues for months. Even tore out the 2 piece driveshaft and had a single one built which helped a lot but now is fighting rear end vibrations.

Back
Top Bottom