• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A good first tumbler and media

My Lyman 1200 has a push button switch on the "ring" where the tub sits. Thanks, you taught an old dog a new trick, never once in 25 or so years did it think of turning it upside down while running to remove the media, DUH!!

I've had 3 vibratory type cleaners. The first was an expensive RCBS that gave up the ghost way too quick to suit me. I replaced it with F/A from Midway. I think it was $29.00 or so 10 or 12 years ago and it's still running. I added a second, a Lyman 1200 a couple of years back when they were on sale. Besides the lack of a power switch, I have know complaints with it. I use corn cob media and a Midway additive. The only "no-no" that I'm aware of is the use of anything containing ammonia. Ammonia attacks the molecular structure of thus weakening brass. I like for my brass to be clean, but I ain't into "showroom shine" for something I'm going to smoke right back up. To each his own though. I spend more time prepping the case otherwise. Cleaning primer pockets and unforming flashholes than I do cleaning the exterior of the brass.

My Lyman 1200 has a push button switch on the "ring" where the tub sits. Thanks, you taught an old dog a new trick, never once in 25 or so years did it think of turning it upside down while running to remove the media, DUH!!

I bought a couple of the orange Home Depot plastic buckets a while back. I use one of them exclusively for dumping tumbling media. The Lyman is just the right size to dump upside down inside the bucket while it is still running. Just one note... If you leave the blue thread cap on top of the tumbler lid bolt while it is running, make sure you take it off before you dump the media in the bucket. Otherwise you will have to go diving for the blue plastic cap in the media bucket or watch for it when you are re-filling the tumbler.

I'll be putting in a new switch soon. I'll just drill a hole in the black base and install a 120v toggle switch.

www.homedepot.com_catalog_productImages_400_9a_9ae472bd_7aae_4dfd_ac2f_97c6448663e2_400.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom