• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"A good shoot is a good shoot"... BS!

I'm not sure that anyone is saying that he "gave up" his right to self defense.

The article doesn't give much insight into Missouri's definition of "manslaughter." In Georgia, one definition is "a legal act committed in an illegal manner".

Plus the indictment only requires a finding of probable cause, and self defense is still available to him. He is far from "giving up" his plea of self defense.
I agree he's not. I've said all along it's a good shoot.

I agree he's not. I've said all along it's a good shoot.

Also in a case such as this, remember that the DA and Judge are elected so it's not unusual for the DA to appease the masses and for the judge to let it a dog of a case go to the jury - because both can say "I did the best I could, but, damn, it was just a run away jury." That's not theoretical I've seen it.

One case in particular was being pushed hard by the police because the defendant had been a little mouthy, and you know, you have to respect the police. It was dog of a case all the way, one that the DA had no hope of winning, ever, with any 12 jurors, but it ended up getting tried anyway, because the DA had to show he supported the police.

I understand that. What I'm saying is that regardless of any previous comments (online or otherwise) if the facts in the individual incident show it was self defense, then it was self defense, and then a "good shoot". You don't give up your right to self defense because you said stupid stuff previously. But perhaps to your point LEGALLY, you may have dumped in your mess kit.

Gotcha, and I am talking legally.

But if he had posted something saying he was going to antagonize a protestor until they attacked him, just so he could shoot them and claim self-defense, would that still be a 'good shoot'?

I honestly don't know.

Should intent come into play? If so there's a lot of folks on this site that would have a bad time of it if they ever did have to shoot a 'peaceful protestor'.

I agree that this is 100% politically motivated. It's kind of similar to the Martin/Zimmerman case in that Zimmerman also had his charges dropped, and they had to go through some back-door, off the books special grand jury to even charge him.

Back
Top Bottom