• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A great morning.

24on48hunting

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Deer Hunting Junkie
215   1
Reaction score
It was cold and windy, but the gobbling was hot! we had several birds gobbling around us, including a trio of Jakes. I called them in to our setup and we had them strutting around for several minutes. Mya must have been a bit rattled-she didn't connect when she pulled the trigger. She wasn't upset about the miss at all. Neither was I... We had a great morning out there in God's creation. She has learned that a hunt can be successful, even if it does not involve a kill. We saw some beautiful sights and got to witness Tom foolery first hand. Watching the birds work in to the decoy and parading around her acting like big boys really made our day. All in all it made for a memorable hunt. We'll get them next time.

I didn't think turkey opened up until next weekend? But glad y'all had a good time, can't wait to go for the first time this year.

It was cold and windy, but the gobbling was hot! we had several birds gobbling around us, including a trio of Jakes. I called them in to our setup and we had them strutting around for several minutes. Mya must have been a bit rattled-she didn't connect when she pulled the trigger. She wasn't upset about the miss at all. Neither was I... We had a great morning out there in God's creation. She has learned that a hunt can be successful, even if it does not involve a kill. We saw some beautiful sights and got to witness Tom foolery first hand. Watching the birds work in to the decoy and parading around her acting like big boys really made our day. All in all it made for a memorable hunt. We'll get them next time.

Good on you and a lesson well learned by your daughter...It's not about what you harvest, it's more about the quality time you spend together. She learned a valuable lesson the life, is not always about what you conquer, but more about the journey getting there. Congrats to both of you and a valuable lesson for her! Until next time

Well darn. Wish she would have connected. Sounds like a great hunt. She will remember that forever. I think it is supposed to rain Saturday. Maybe it will keep some people out of the woods. It won't me. Killed them in the rain before.

Back
Top Bottom