• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A *#$!-**$#! Iguana!!

I had an almost 6 footer when I lived in Orlando named Bubba in a 3x6x3 custom tank. Cool lizard except the room he lived in was about 90 degrees year round. We had a smaller 3.5 footer named Gumby that was turning orange when he died. Meanest lizard I have ever seen. Loved pinky mice and finger tips. Sucker would draw blood in a flash if you let him. If you need to get rid of it quick, just put it outside tonight and your problem will be solved before morning. Just saying.....

When, my son moved out he left a Woma Python in my house. I gave it away to a ODT MEMBER, but he had a $500.00 Special enclosure made for the snake. That thing was in my storage shed for 3 years in perfect condition. Well, my neighbors daughter bought a snake at Repticon this month, and wanted the enclosure. My wife was like put it on ODT or give it to our neighbor. My son said it was for Reptiles not snakes, well we gave it to our neighbor, My son took the enclosure to my neighbors house, he said that the neighbors daughter had bought a Snake that gets 10-15 feet long. She, said that's not what the seller told me, my son said good luck. My neighbors is pissed at his girl, he did not know her Snake gets so BIG.

Man, we used to live in Nicaragua and you have not eaten till you have had fried green iguana!! Largest one we had was just over 6 feet but really sweet tasting meat when battered and fried like chicken!

I'm in the same boat. The wife begged for this iguana while buying some food for our other animals at Petco last week. I told her it wasn't a good idea. But the damn thing kept following her no matter which side of the enclosure she was on. She was convinced that it was meant to be.
So long story short, we have an iguana now. She didn't realize the size of the enclosure it's going to need when it outgrows the 30 gallon terrarium.
Women, they never listen.

Back
Top Bottom