• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A *#$!-**$#! Iguana!!

I'm in the same boat. The wife begged for this iguana while buying some food for our other animals at Petco last week. I told her it wasn't a good idea. But the damn thing kept following her no matter which side of the enclosure she was on. She was convinced that it was meant to be.
So long story short, we have an iguana now. She didn't realize the size of the enclosure it's going to need when it outgrows the 30 gallon terrarium.
Women, they never listen.

I had 7 or 8 iguanas when I was younger. Most were medium-ish sized when I bought them and they didn't grow much. I think it's because the pet stores don't feed them right? Anyway for whatever reason their growth seemed stunted and slow.

The one iguana I bought when he was super tiny, he grew and grew and grew, super fast. I had a 4 foot long tank and he outgrew it in 2 years. But he also had the best temperament, the longest tail, and all of his spines on his back because I hand-raised him and handled him all the time.

When, my son moved out he left a Woma Python in my house. I gave it away to a ODT MEMBER, but he had a $500.00 Special enclosure made for the snake. That thing was in my storage shed for 3 years in perfect condition. Well, my neighbors daughter bought a snake at Repticon this month, and wanted the enclosure. My wife was like put it on ODT or give it to our neighbor. My son said it was for Reptiles not snakes, well we gave it to our neighbor, My son took the enclosure to my neighbors house, he said that the neighbors daughter had bought a Snake that gets 10-15 feet long. She, said that's not what the seller told me, my son said good luck. My neighbors is pissed at his girl, he did not know her Snake gets so BIG.

Columbian red tail boa?

The pet store up the street has a beautiful retic...stunning snake but they can get to ~30 feet. Heck with that.

My daughter has one. They live for about 15 years or so. Hers is about 11 years old and is 3.5ft long. I have built several cages for the thing over the years. Not sure how much longer he will live. Hopefully the last two cages I built will hold up longer than he does, lol.

IMG_0464.JPG

When he bought it

Back
Top Bottom