• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A modest proposal.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
images

Let me frame this another way and I appreciate the candor here guys. I moved to GA to get back to a place that had common sense, logic and a respect for civil rights (firearms ownership is a civil right). In 2018 by a margin of roughly 50,000 votes we almost ended up with a liberal trash governor. This was on the strength of numbers from "the big city", Atlanta. The "big city" almost exclusively in the US is controlled by the left. That's where population is increasing, growing up, going to school, learning about things like 2A. Unless some more radical change takes place to disrupt that trend it's gonna continue. Already seeing it in the big city in south Florida. A few more decades and the mess that is CA (and all those other states mentioned earlier) will be here. SCOTUS has already allowed sufficient case law to creep through slowly banning this or that, slowly taking away rights, slowly making life difficult for 2A supporters. The proposal isn't meant to restrict rights in anyway, it's meant to mandate their continued existence and grant them some immunity from petty infringement over time.

Don't forget how much out of state money poured into that 2018 governors race and how close the outcome was! Matter of time until the balance of population outvotes us all.

Let me frame this another way and I appreciate the candor here guys. I moved to GA to get back to a place that had common sense, logic and a respect for civil rights (firearms ownership is a civil right). In 2018 by a margin of roughly 50,000 votes we almost ended up with a liberal trash governor. This was on the strength of numbers from "the big city", Atlanta. The "big city" almost exclusively in the US is controlled by the left. That's where population is increasing, growing up, going to school, learning about things like 2A. Unless some more radical change takes place to disrupt that trend it's gonna continue. Already seeing it in the big city in south Florida. A few more decades and the mess that is CA (and all those other states mentioned earlier) will be here. SCOTUS has already allowed sufficient case law to creep through slowly banning this or that, slowly taking away rights, slowly making life difficult for 2A supporters. The proposal isn't meant to restrict rights in anyway, it's meant to mandate their continued existence and grant them some immunity from petty infringement over time.

But that's not what will happen. The government getting involved makes nothing better EVER. The smaller the government the better.

That's why the people that count are pushing for 2A Sanctuary all over GA . We're not gonna stand for any more commie**** in GA

I'm not content with just 2A sanctuary state in GA for a couple of reasons.

1) Unless it's baked into the GA constitution as an amendment it'll eventually change with the political winds
2) 2A, although I don't think this was the intent of the framers, isn't currently protecting our rights to possess firearms capable of being acting as a "militia", for that in this technology era you need automatic and those are so restricted and costly as to in effect be banned. That should change.

GA 2A Sanctuary is a start, it's not far enough. Don't read the proposal as limiting, read it as liberating. If you don't like the attribute set, debate, change, get a solid proposal. Just calling me a communist or an idiot won't change the debate, it'll only make you look the fool for getting side tracked by emotion.

There is no negotiating in California Jeddak, it's been a one party state for 50 years. The only way for firearms owners in CA to get their rights back is to establish national standards that override CA's idiotic laws. Same with NY, CO, NJ, MA to name a few.

this is what happens with states rights. if firearm owners in CA or likewise dont like the laws then they can ether work to change them or leave the state for a better one as you did. Personally i odnt want to have to deal with any more bull**** just so CA can have better gun laws. They made their bed and can sleep in it.

Let’s hear it for carry whatever the heck you want, wherever you want to carry it, in all states!
:cheer2: :clap2: :cheer2: :clap2: :cheer2:

:pop2:

And THAT Is where I was headed! You want to tote a good old fashioned Browning BAR, Bonnie and Clyde style, go for it! You want to go all Al Capone with a Tommy gun, go for it. You want to quietly carry your LCP on the flight to Chicago and with you so you can protect yourself from thuggish buffoons, go for it.

. The proposal isn't meant to restrict rights in anyway, it's meant to mandate their continued existence and grant them some immunity from petty infringement over time.
Bull**** right there. And it is telling that you, and other denizens of liberal states do not see it as infringing on our rights! What other rights in the BOR should we get a piece of paper and background checks to excercise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom