• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A more REALISTIC dry fire training session

sheep dog

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
270   0
Reaction score
I carry a glock. As fast as I can pull the trigger, it fires off rounds (duh!)... Muscle memory plays an important role in firearms training and tactics and for that reason i do not like taking a semi auto pistol and having to pull trigger, rack slide (to reset trigger and eject snap cap) and repeat the process when working on shooting tactics without ammo. I dont do live fire that way. I continually pull the trigger. If i am working malfunction drills and combat relaods, then thats another story but for sight alignment, trigger control, etc. I want to be able to work that trigger finger. Now i can! I got the dry fire mag yesterday and it seems to resolve one of the major drawbacks of traditional dry fire practice...muscle memory and trigger finger control. Incorporating this mag into practicing drawing from concealmant, sight picture, etc seems to aid in areas snap caps cant. I figured i would share this video if anyone is interested in a dry fire mag. Its not perfect, but it helps and paired with live fire range time will make improvements in your shooting.

***edit update. Its available for m&p pistols as well now***

http://www.dryfiremag.com

***edit***1/30/18 added below additional training tool info

In addition to the dry fire mag, here is another step closer to realistic training in dry practice...the coolfire trainer.
d8d555b0d38bb0a6533c27e2f6cd55d1.jpg

It will work with laser target systems or reflective targets that it comes with or whatever you use.
Video example below..
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bc28GoWjKJQ/

More about it and sample video in my last post in this thread

Attachments

• d8d555b0d38bb0a6533c27e2f6cd55d1.jpg
    d8d555b0d38bb0a6533c27e2f6cd55d1.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 11
I encorporate dry fire practice and firearms training (drawing from iwb concealed holster, reloads, sight/target allignment, etc.) into my workout sessions that could be considered "combat strength training" style workouts with heavy bags, slam balls, kettle bells, battle ropes, mma drills, etc. And find the dry fire mag to aid in making for more realistic drills and simply more fun training. Its nice to not have a "single shot glock" anymore when doing dry fire training and the ability to work trigger finger muscle memory and work "throttle control". I am happy with the purchase and would recommend it in ADDITION to live fire training.
download.jpg

I encorporate dry fire practice and firearms training (drawing from iwb concealed holster, reloads, sight/target allignment, etc.) into my workout sessions that could be considered "combat strength training" style workouts with heavy bags, slam balls, kettle bells, battle ropes, mma drills, etc. And find the dry fire mag to aid in making for more realistic drills and simply more fun training. Its nice to not have a "single shot glock" anymore when doing dry fire training and the ability to work trigger finger muscle memory and work "throttle control". I am happy with the purchase and would recommend it in ADDITION to live fire training. View attachment 1281351
Incorporate many many many ratchets

Back
Top Bottom