• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A new line of vehicles, from Canoo. Who...?

I have always been an AMC Pacer/Gremlin and Dodge A100 fan! Sign me up for the pickup!

Well at least I did not mention Pinto....for today! Does this help? Here is my main ride. Owned since 1988. View attachment 3269905

Don't listen to the haters!

Anybody like likes Pacers, Pintos, Gremlins, etc is a perfectly normal car guy. No need to "prove" anything to anyone. :thumb: I love those cars too.

I hate that we're so political now days that something like an electric vehicle has gotta be leftist.

Electric vehicles are the future, and not because they're greener or more eco friendly, but because they have the potential to outperform gas and diesel in every way. Racing, off road, torque, you name it electric will out do gas and diesel at everything.

I hate that we're so political now days that something like an electric vehicle has gotta be leftist.

Electric vehicles are the future, and not because they're greener or more eco friendly, but because they have the potential to outperform gas and diesel in every way. Racing, off road, torque, you name it electric will out do gas and diesel at everything.
Except range. Hydrogen is where we should be looking.

New Tesla gets 400 miles on full charge. That's further than a tank of gas has gotten me in any car I've ever owned. Probably double.
I can do 400 miles on a tank in my old 2012 Ford Flex. At 80 mph.
And it only takes me about 10 minutes to refuel for another 400.
How long you gonna sit waiting on that EV to charge back to capacity?

Agreed. The L word is way overused.

The writing has been on the wall for over 20 years. Electric cars are a better system, the technology just needs to keep improving (no signs of it slowing down).

I'm guessing we'll see an inexpensive 1-2 person commuter vehicle as soon as battery tech gets a little further. A light weight electric car can be crazy efficient if you remove all the bells and whistles (weight and power drain) of a Tesla.

I can do 400 miles on a tank in my old 2012 Ford Flex. At 80 mph.
And it only takes me about 10 minutes to refuel for another 400.
How long you gonna sit waiting on that EV to charge back to capacity?
It's gonna take longer to recharge than to fill a tank of gas obviously. That's the trade off of having a powerful electric motor vs that weak Ford flex hippy motor crap.

The average person doesn't drive anywhere near 400 miles a day so simply charging at home over night isn't an issue at all.

I mean even on a long road trip your gonna take a break every 400 miles so it's non issue.

Back
Top Bottom