• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A new LOW for the Dawgs!!!

fowl61

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
31   0
Reaction score
I never thought I would see the day when the Dawgs would lose a game, much less a bowl game, to a Conference USA team. Seriously, a Conference USA team. There are high school teams in Georgia that could win that conference. Don't even try to tell me about a #25 ranking. Look at their schedule and the teams they beat and the teams that beat them. All I know is that when Florida loses their head coach, they go out and hire the top assistant coach in college football. A Ga. boy at that. Now they are going after one of the top offensive coordinators in all football. What do the Dawgs do? They promote their weight-lifting coach. Somebody in Athens needs to wake up and see the real problem. When you drive the ball all the way down the field and decide not to go for it on fourth and inches, you just showed a weakness. This is the same weakness that Mark Richt shows in every big game. It's the same weakness that has caused him to go 2 and 8 against Florida. You can't play scared and you can't coach scared. This is a bowl game and you are 6 and 6. You're playing a conference USA team and you just drove the ball 90 yards and you can't go for it on 4th and inches. This is an SEC team playing an inferior team. At least act like you have a backbone. Mark Richt,Mike Bobo and this entire coaching staff did prove to be consistant in one area once again. They proved they can't beat ANY team out of the state of Florida!!!

Plain and simple...the Dawgs just didn't show up to play. They should have easily handled UCF.

At least my beloved Irish decided to show up against their old rival Miami...

I have supported the coaching staff, but we need a change. There is no reason why Georgia shouldn't be in the running for the SEC championship and the BCS every year. Coach Richt will never be a great like Bryant, Saban, Spurrier, JoePa... because he has his priorities straight. that's sad to say but unfortunately it's the truth.
Go Dawgs...

Don't get me wrong, I like Mark Richt. I think he's a nice guy and a class act. I actually think he has the ability to be one of the best coaches in college football. Look at his days at Florida State as an OC. His offense was feared by everyone, including the Gators. But that was when Bobby Bowden was head coach and Bobby Bowden was the one making the big decisions. CMR just doesn't seem to be able to balance being a head coach and a nice guy at the same time. Sometimes you may have to play rough if you play with the big boys. I wish he could fiqure it out. Thank God for the SEC West. At least the Big 10 knows the SEC can still dish out a WHIPPING!!!

Last edited:
Fowl, I have been a Dawg fan since i was a boy BIG TIME! but Im real dissapointed in our lack of effort and lack of courage. that 96 yard drive where you are 3rd and less than 1 and then 4th and inches and you as a coach show you dont have the confidence in your SEC team to go for the TD with the whole game left to play? That set the tone for the rest of that game. And where was the downfield plays stretching the defence with A J Green ? and while we are on him, how many passes did he drop? where was the pass protection from the supposed "best O line in the SEC"?
Just an all the way around unmotivated showing, and lack of effort.
I admire and respect coach Richt but he and his staff need to go. we need someone in here with some heart,a little bravado and courage.

And, lets start recruiting some quality players, quality in character.

Think it starts with coaching. I like Richt too, as fowl said, but being a nice man does not exclude one from being tough.

Think that's something that coach has not incorporated and it shows in coaching decisions and player performance.

College is now about getting to the NFL.It should be written in the rules if you accept a scholarship to play college ball its for 4 years( unless injured)This crap deprives a person of a ride who would stay the entire time and be a team player and not and individual.Its become a business and it sucks.High school ball is what I watch now and you can keep your prima donas on Saturday.Richt needs to grow some balls. I mean 6 points against Central Florida,Buford High School could do better than that.

Back
Top Bottom