• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A new LOW for the Dawgs!!!

I've never known the coaching staff to kick, pass, run, or kick a field goal. Thats all done by the players, no fire in the belly, no gain. Maybe too many are looking down the road to pro contracts like some tech players. I think any player should be allowed to sign a pro contract until he has graduated, after all isn't he there on a scarlor ship paid for by the uni?

Bellman, I agree with you to a point. If you agree to accept a scholarship from a university, then you should play for them until you graduate or a least give them 4 years of eligibility. But that's just the way me and you were probably raised. Unfortunately, college sports is a big business and these universities make a fortune off these kids. They will sign a coach to a 4 year 8 million dollar contract this year, only to have him want to renegotiate it to a 3 year 10 miilion dollar contract next year. The coaches, the role model for these kids, don't even honor their obligations. It's hard to blame the kids for looking out for #1 when all adults around them do the same thing. If I remember right, you couldn't go pro early in football until around 1983. I think that's the year that Herschel Walker left the Dawgs early to sign with the Generals. I think that opened the door to alot of this. It broke my heart when he left early!!!

In my opinion, Richt stayed with Martinez too long and is staying with Bobo too long. Martinez evaluated talent on the defensive side of the ball, and was poor at evaluating talent and then he could not "coach them up". Grantham seems to be doing a better job, but how much talent can he bring in? A lot of trade papers had the offensive line as one of the best in the country, really? They did not play up to their hype at any time this year. Could not get any push off the line against UCF, and therefore the running game was poor. But that was the case all year long. Bobo under utilized the tight end, went for the "big" play way too often and just did not have any continuity at all. Greene was and is great, and it is a shame that he had to play on a 6 & 7 team. Bobo needs help, and I believe Richt will stay too long with him and it will hurt the program like staying with Martinez too long hurt the program. Just my 2 cents.

Sure would have made more sense to wait until after the game to pass out plaques. Then again, it would have made more sense for Mark Richt to have admitted this program was in serious trouble at his season end press conference. I'm beginning to think the whole bunch in Athens have lost it!!!

Back
Top Bottom