• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A Nice 4 Shot Afternoon at the Range Testing the Timney Trigger

ReloaderBen

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Brenda Gail's Husband and Jill's Father
231   0
Reaction score
I finally got around to putting Timney 510 triggers in both my Remington 700s. I had done my 22-250 Varmint Special a few weeks ago and this week installed the Timney trigger in my old deer hunting rifle in 270 Win. I haven't fired this rifle in years as I no longer hunt. I grabbed a box of some of my hunting hand loads with 140 gr Nosler Balistic Tips I had made up over 10 years ago and headed to my range.

First, the Timney triggers are great and a nice improvement plus you don't have to worry about that pesky accidental discharge some 700s have.

Second, the pic below is of the 4 shots. All at 100 yards from sand bags on my shooting bench. The 2 that are touching down lower left are my first 2 shots. I adjusted the scope up for the 3rd shot then to the right for the 4th shot in the red. I think I can live with that.

270 target.jpg

Robert Jordan fan?

Timney is a great upgrade.

Yes I read all the books as he wrote them. At first it was one a year, then he slowed down due to his illness and it became 1 every 2 years. And as I bet you already know, he and his wife who was his editor got Brandon Sanderson to complete the series.

Yes I read all the books as he wrote them. At first it was one a year, then he slowed down due to his illness and it became 1 every 2 years. And as I bet you already know, he and his wife who was his editor got Brandon Sanderson to complete the series.

Yep. They did an excellent job of finishing his work seamlessly. I liked how neatly they wrapped it all up.

Back
Top Bottom