• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A public service announcement for our new members...

Welcome. ODT is a great friendly site to trade guns and whatever else you got!

We love new members that haven’t seen all our old ads.

One little hint that will help you get started off on the right foot with us grouchy old vets....(besides buying our stuff)

When you are responding to a fer sail ad (that’s for sale)

MAKE ALL YOUR OFFERS VIA A PRIVATE MESSAGE - not in the ad.

Thanks and happy ODTING.

Why?

I'm not ashamed of dealing with some of the folks here.

I don't understand what the big deal is. It's not against the rules. Sellers don't have problem posting prices in the threads (lower than the original). There's not "protocol" posted anywhere, so it's pretty reasonable for a newbie to respond to the ad where he sees it.

I bet a lot of newbies don't even know that PMs exist.

A96EFC5F-1ADA-4F1A-91E7-15F730FF2ED6.jpeg

@OP

I’ve actually taken the time this week to PM a few guys who were dropping numbers, prices etc all over classifieds and not getting ANY responses, just told em there’s a PM method and if they use it they may have better results. They had no clue or claimed to have had no clue. I then respectfully share the link to the help threads and tell em take a minute to read through the stuff and that we use PM for feedback and it looks sketch when you wanna avoid the process.

Either they’ll read em and learn, or never make no deals :noidea: you can lead a horse to water....then you beat him with sticks :deadhorse: isn’t that how that saying goes?

Back
Top Bottom